Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ohdianna Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2012, 01:49 PM
    Laminate floor
    Due to an insurance claim, my laminate floor had to be replaced. The original floor was Haronics with 'Water Resistant' featured on the packaging. The new floor is rated 'light commercial' from Shaw and does not mention water resistance. The first problem with the new floor was that the entire thing was installed with the underlayment upside down on a concrete slab. Subsequently, the entire floor was removed and reinstalled.
    The floor appears to be buckling and I cannot even damp mop without seeing water damage. I suspect the new floor is not of the same quality and that reinstalling the entire floor (close to 2,000 sq ft.) has compromised the integrity of the floor.
    I am supposed to contact my mortgage company for an inspection and to countersign the check over to the contractor, but have not done that yet because I am so unhappy with the new floor. What should I do?
    andrewjg Posts: 60, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2012, 02:04 PM
    Hi Dianne,

If you are based in the United Kingdom your best bet is to go back to the company in which the claim was placed with and explain your situation. If they don't seem to care, don't be afraid to ask for a manager. Play hardball with them, don't be afraid to state that you will change the insurance company if they do not replace the flooring with a satisfactory result.Do not be afraid to pester them as well, keep ringing them as they will pro-long the claim, if they say ring back in a week or two don't simply ring them back within a day or two.

Andy
    ohdianna Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2012, 02:10 PM
    Thanks, Andrew. I'm in the US, but your suggestion seems like a good place to start.
    andrewjg Posts: 60, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2012, 02:11 PM
    Not a problem but in this case I think it shall suffice in both countries :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laminate floor [ 2 Answers ]

I want laminate flooring in my living room. Was thinking to get real wood, but my floor isn't level at all. At the moment we had a shaggy carpet and can't tell much. I had a look underneath and it's not level. WHAT TO DO? I want laminate floor

Laminate floor help? [ 2 Answers ]

We want to lay a laminate wood floor with a 4x6 insert of ceramic tile at the front door entry. Can you just lay the laminate up to the ceramic tile? What will hole the laminate in place? This is beind done over a concrete floor so we can't nail the floor down. Please help.

How long before I can lay a laminate floor on a new cement floor? [ 5 Answers ]

Am building a new extension and I want to put a 12mm laminate floor on it. My question is how long will I need to wait to allow the cement floor to dry out and how will I know the cement floor is dry enough to proceed to lay the laminate on it Any advise would be appreciated!

Laminate floor [ 1 Answers ]

Can a steam mop be used on a laminate floor

Laminate floor [ 1 Answers ]

I'm installing a pergo product over a vinyl kitchen floor, do I need to remove the vinyl to the wood sub-floor? Or can I install right on to the vinyl? Also do I have to use an underlayment since the kitchen is over the basement, no sound or moisture issues? I have been advised by both ways on this...

View more questions Search