Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmpunkkpin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2012, 12:17 PM
    Having computer problems.. why is it acting weird?
    OK so my computer for past week been acting really weird.. the internet would go really slow and startup would get even slow.. week later the PC barely startup all the way,sometimes it will but it takes 15 to 20mins to go all way through.. if I got the internet hook up to it, it won't statup up.. if I don't have it hookup,it will boot up all the way.. I scan for virus nothing.. is there away to fix this problem without rebooting the computer? Or maybe a way erase everything without using the reboot discs for it,cause I don't have then

By the way my computer is windows xp
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 20, 2012, 05:03 AM
    How full is your hard drive? If there is less then 10% left you might need to clean out some files. Also are all of your drivers up to date? After doing / checking that try doing a defrag of the hard drive. Then let us know how its working.
    FirstChair Posts: 179, Reputation: 17

May 20, 2012, 09:02 AM
    Delete temporary files of your browsing history, but "Preserve Favorites website data."
    Do you know how to do this?

Disk Cleanup and Disk Fragmenter

Have you checked your System Configuration Utility by running, 'msconfig' and unchecking/disabiling any programs in the 'Startup' not regularly using?

When all else fails, try going back to a restore point before the problem started?

NOTE: Free programs to consider, Adaware SE, Spybot Search and Destroy, Spywareblaster - all three of these should be used and updated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend is acting weird [ 3 Answers ]

I am in a relation with my girlfriend she says she love me and I love her to in between she dissappeared did not reply me and she's back now she is behaving like I am crazy for her she irritates me now I want to talk to her on call she says she is busy . I say I want to talk she says she is...

My dogs acting weird [ 1 Answers ]

My dogs been acting weird lately and I'm not sure why, she has been whining and if there's a loud noise she leand forawd and whines, it just stared a couple hours ago, it seems like she has a limp but I'm not sure and I went to pet her and she yhelped, I'm not sure what to do

TV acting weird! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Samsung 27 in TV that is about 4.5 yrs old. Recently the screen has been fading to black (w/ sound still on) right after I turn it on and a minute or two later, the picture comes back and it's fine. If I turn it off for a little while and turn it back on the same thing happens. I know you...

Girl acting weird [ 31 Answers ]

I'll just start with some background of myself and her and get into what is happening, that way you have the full story. This girl that I have been dating for 2 1/2 months is 18. She only had 1 other boyfriend other then myself and he ended up using her to go out with her friend. She also...

View more questions Search