Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tootles Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 06:05 AM
    Brown Discharge instead of a period
    I have been going through menopause for the last couple of years. I have just turned 50. Instead of having a period, I have brownish clotty material. Also, when it is time for me to have had my period, I experience excruciating pain in my back... to the point I have to go to a chiropractor. I'm sure that my back issues are related to menstruation. My back pain goes down my legs. I also have a dull aching in the right side of my vaginal area. Pain is also felt around my rectal area. HELP! MY GP says I am going through Menopause... I don't understand why I have to suffer so since I am not going to have another child. (I have one). Would a hysterectomy help?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 25, 2007, 07:23 AM
    You had better be careful or all of that pain will be become chronic. I went through menopause without any discharge and hardly any pain. In your case it sounds like phantom complications as in someone having a leg amputated and still feeling it move. I don't think you need a hysterectomy as your doctor hasn't suggested it. Maybe curetage, a good cleaning out of the urterus.

Menopause isn't so bad when you think that enjoying being a woman is doubled in merit. It isn't a sign of age, just a new beginning for you so forget about the downside and enjoy the upside:rolleyes:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown discharge before period! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! This is my first time on this site... but here is my question!. I'm 20 years old and sexually active. I usually have sex at least once a day, give or take a few, with my boyfriend. He was a virgin before me (that is certain). I am on birth control pills and I also usually use condoms just...

Why brown discharge before period? [ 6 Answers ]

It's a couple of days before my period and I'm getting a brownish discharge when I wipe and don't know why? I just switched to a new type of pill, but prior have been on ortho for about 3 years now.. Could I be pregnant??

Brown Discharge Instead of Period [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I'm 19 and I recently have changed from the Implanon Implant to the Patch and on Saturday I took my last patch off to have my week "off" when I started my period on the correct day it was just brown discharge and it has been like that ever since my periods normally last 4 to 5 days I really...

No period and brown discharge? [ 1 Answers ]

I am really confused. I'm not sure what is going on and I'm worried it could be something like a miscarriage. I'm not sure. Okay, here's what's going on. I'm 25. I have two kids. My birth control method is condoms. I expected my period 7 days ago and it never came. Not even a hot flash or cramp....

Brown discharge after period [ 3 Answers ]

Hi.I using birth control pills for 8months,I went for smear test was normal but I had vaginal infection,I used cream that doctor gave it to me for 2weeks each night lastmonth.but this month,I see during my ovulation I had brown discharge,I scared of infection again but I can say I'm so excited...

View more questions Search