Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    qutrera Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 04:29 AM
    Small business
    I have set flyers and business cards around my neighborhood about lawn care services. Now, how much do I charge to cut their yards?
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Feb 25, 2007, 05:22 AM
    Good move about the flyers and business cards. You might continue to do that on the slow days, moivng further and further out in your area too until there aren't any slow days!

Tough to know what to charge when you don't know what the competition is charging. One way is to offer to do it for 10% less than the competition. You can state it so they have to show proof if you are concerned about honesty -- "Use your last lawn service invoice as a 10% off coupon with us!" Make it the reduced price for some time too. Firmly build your relationship with your customers and down the road, raise prices.

Or the other thought I have is to ask about what your competition charges. Pretend to be a potential customer and call them, or ask about rates at the mower place or garden center or even a real estate office -- people who regualrly deal with lawn service folks may know.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 25, 2007, 09:12 AM
    Everything can depend,

In Atlanta for example, the law services charge about 40 dollars to do a small yard that can be done in about 30 minutes. In Rural Tn I pay 50 dollars for them to mow over a arce yard and then about 25 dollars for them to do a very small yard.

I could get it all done about 15 dollars cheaper for both with some other companies even but the one I use provides me great service, so I personally don't want to change.

I would guess you have a "idea" about how long it takes to do different yards by doing yours at least, and you know the type of equipment you have. So you estimate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starting my own small business [ 17 Answers ]

I am trying to start my own lawn business and I've already have some business cards put out on mailboxes ext. and flyers.now my question is how long do I have to wait before someone calls it been 3 weeks now.

Small business [ 4 Answers ]

I am currently 17 years old... I am toying with the idea of starting a card business... I will begin as a sole trader... but hopefully develop into a larger force opening stores around scotland by 2010... will I survive in such a market... and is it wise taking such a risk at a critical stage of my...

Starting small business [ 2 Answers ]

Helloe I am trying to find out what business license,permits,insurance&bonds if any is needed? My business is a small delivery service for energy & oilfeild companys.

How to start a small business [ 3 Answers ]

:D looking to start a auto transport company

Small business [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is Joshua and I plan on starting my own business painting homes. My question is do I need and contractors licence or can I just use a business licence?

View more questions Search