Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wmbryan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2012, 12:28 PM
    Evaluate older above ground swimming pool walls
    I have a 24' round pool that is 20 years old. Late last season water got between the liner and wall because the liner pulled loose at the skimmer. The rust is about 3" high around about 90 degrees of the pool. The wall is in the rail and is not rusted through anywhere, nor is the liner visible. I am painting the rusty area with Rust-Oleum and wll patch the liner with liner overhang at the skimmer area.Do you think the pool will be safe for one more season? The liner is less than ten years old.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 18, 2012, 01:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wmbryan View Post
    I have a 24' round pool that is 20 years old. Late last season water got between the liner and wall because the liner pulled loose at the skimmer. The rust is about 3" high around about 90 degrees of the pool. The wall is in the rail and is not rusted through anywhere, nor is the liner visible. I am painting the rusty area with Rust-Oleum and wll patch the liner with liner overhang at the skimmer area.Do you think the pool will be safe for one more season? The liner is less than ten years old.
    Depends on how DEEP the rust is... it might be... it might not be... it all depends on that.

If you have other houses nearby.. make sure your insurance it up to date... if it breaks itslikely to be sudden and its going to flood nearby houses and YOU will be on the hook for damages.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Above ground swimming pool [ 5 Answers ]

The water in my pool is clear but the sediment on the bottom makes the water look brown how can I clear it up

How to fix above ground pool walls [ 2 Answers ]

I have an above ground pool with rusting walls and 2 small holes . Howcan I fix?

Site prep and specs for 24 ft.above ground swimming pool [ 0 Answers ]

Hello. We ar getting a 24ft.above ground pool and need to know how deep to cut out the ground and about how much sand it will take to get it ready to set up. Thanks for any info. EJM

Selling an above ground swimming pool [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a house with an above ground swimming pool (only 3 years old this summer). My wife and I want to remove it, but are hoping to sell it to gain some money back. We just don't use it enough during the summer to justify it taking about all of the backyard. Any suggestions on how to sell or...

View more questions Search