Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peachesapples123 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Feb 25, 2007, 04:10 AM
    Want to sing but don't know about parent's approval
    I am a 13-year-old girl that is aspiring to become a singer. I don't necessarily want to start a career right now, but there is this company that I had in mind. I was thinking of auditioning for that company because the audition fee is free and if I get in, they will give me free professional training until I debut. My favorite singers are from this company and it was because of those singers that I realized I wanted to become a singer. I would've never guessed this was what my dream would be but it's what I really want to do. The problem is, I don't think my parents would approve of this. I've never asked them about it and they have absolutely no idea that this is my dream. I'm really terrified of asking them about it because of what they would think or say. Well, I have never discussed this with them so I obviously don't know what their reaction to it is, but I'm guessing that they will definitely not allow me to. Whenever I even asked them the question about what job they want me to do when I'm older, they said they didn't really know yet but maybe a doctor. My mom also likes to keep her brain working all through her life and that's why she never wants to retire until she is physically unable to work anymore so I think she'd want me to do something that requires a lot of knowledge and thinking. Does singing require that? :confused:

This is just what I really want to do and what I think my parents really would not want me to do. Nobody in my family, or that I know of, has had a career like this before. And, I don't want my family to be angry at me about this or anything. I want them to be proud of me. Yet, this is my dream... What do I do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 25, 2007, 09:17 AM
    First if you want to be a professional singer you have to not be scared to ask to sing, what is the WORST thing that can happen, they say no, if you don't ask, you still can't, so you are no worst off.

If you are not taking lessons, you need to, even professionals take lessons and most "spots" even entry level will have people with years of lessons and even some experience trying out for them.

Next your parents can check to see how "free" this really is, since believe me, I have never actually seen anything free in music. Most of these free tryouts will want to sell you something before it is over.

And there is a lot of work, hard work to singing, and a lot of music knowledge of notes, cords, harmany melody and so much more that is required.

Feb 25, 2007, 04:31 PM
    Oh, okay. Thank you for your advice. =) Although I am pretty sure this company really does have free auditions and free personal training if accepted. Of course, since under that company they will take part of the money you earn as a singer. But other than that, I think there's no other giving money away or anything.
    honeybooismissinu Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 05:48 PM
    Where are you from because I'm looking for a business that I can go to and get some help ciz I really want to sing. I'm 11.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 27, 2007, 07:50 PM
    Yes I don't mean anything wrong but my wife is a professional singer, and we have been in the past, to dozens of auditions and tryouts where this was advertised but when you get there, it is things to sell, things to buy and so on.

Feb 27, 2007, 10:23 PM
    Oh, I see. Well, if I see that then I'll be sure to step out.

Feb 27, 2007, 10:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybooismissinu
    where are u from because im lookin for a business that i can go to and get some help ciz i really want to sing. im 11.
    I'm in the U.S. Well, if you're asking me where I live because you want to try out for this company, this company actually has global auditions. And if they don't this year, then you can send in an email.
    deronette97 Posts: 57, Reputation: 5

Aug 16, 2010, 04:57 PM

Can you tell me the company? Because I would like to try. And yes it requires knowledge if you want to become a singer you have to know exactly what to sing and how to improve on whatever u might end up lacking. There's probably more, but I don't know them yet because I'm not a signed singer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I want to sing, but how? [ 19 Answers ]

I am 13 years old but I want to start my singing career anytime now, if anyone knows how to start or someone who is an agent that can help me, please email me at >Removed< That would really help me a lot thanks Danielle :)

I can sing! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Nikkie I'm 21 I'm from Miami Florida,but I'm in Macon Georgia and I can sing!! I drove from Miami to Orlando to be on American Idol and I got a judge who was races and very rude!! Then I went to New Orleans and got the same judge!! I want to prove that I have a voice that will blow...

Adoption and Bio Parent's Estate (after death) [ 4 Answers ]

After being adopted and your bio parent dies... without having a will... are you legally entitled to any of the estate? :confused:

Working on OPT after H1 approval [ 3 Answers ]

Atlanta Expert , I see your excellent solutions , hats off to you. I need a piece of advice.My consultancy is running my payrole on OPT (which is valid till April 2006 ) even when my H1 is approved earlier with a start date of jan 1 2006 . What are the consequences? Is it legal or do I...

Working on OPT after H1 approval [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Iam student working on OPT status . Recently my H1 was approved with start date from Jan 1, 2006 . My OPT is valid until May 2006. Can still work using my Opt till May 2006? If so what are the consequences?? :confused: will it matter me if I am going for H1 B stamping with these...

View more questions Search