Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2012, 07:13 AM
    In Need of Some Words of Wisdom
    Hello All,

I am having such a hard time right now and would really appreciate insight on my situation.

To make a long story extremely short...

My ex and I were together for 6 years. In January of 2010, I found out he had been addicted to Morphine for 4 years (he later went on to heroin). Since then I have been through enough emotional pain. This past January, he admitted himself into detox and then rehab for 30 days. When he got out, we argued and thought it would be best to not talk for a couple of months. He made a promise to contact me May 1st. During those 2 months, I went to therapy, and started doing things I loved to do. I was actually very happy without him.

Come May 1st, my ex contacted me via email saying he's a changed man and he's found God. He stated that he loves me and misses me. He has been going to church every Sunday and attends a men's group every Monday that deals with struggles and addictions. He wrote such nice things about me in the emails he wrote and for a moment I actually believed he changed. No mind you, my replies gave off a skeptical vibe and he felt that. THAT is when he did a complete 360 and went back to his old, jerky self.

Now he doesn't want us to work out anymore because we have too much baggage. He doesn't realize that this baggage he speaks of was created by him! Does he not know the pain he caused me, his son, his family and friends?

Insight would be great. Thank you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 19, 2012, 08:14 AM
    Just because he went to rehab, and has not used for a few months, doesn't mean he is cured. I highly advise you to leave him alone on his journey for at least 18-24 months. Then maybe he has a handle on things mentally, and emotionally.

Sorry, but you better recognize he isn't ready for anything right now as his recovery/healing is still in the very early stages, even though the dope is out of his system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Wisdom tooth [ 4 Answers ]

Why do my wisdom teeth smell?

In need of words of wisdom [ 9 Answers ]

So, I'm a 25 year old female living in Chicago and I've been dating someone for about the past 7 months. We dated in 2006-2007 and it ended in a horrible break-up. Mainly because I was young and immature and he is older (8 yrs my senior). To give the full details, we began dating in August 2006 and...

This is wisdom [ 3 Answers ]

This is wisdom Some say that tradition is like the party game where a message is whispered from one person to another and at the end of the line, the message bares scant resemblance to the original. They then turn around and ascribe that to the Catholic Church claiming that the Church teaches...

Words of wisdom... [ 4 Answers ]

When I was 15yrs in 1999, a song was release called 'Sunscreen'. At the time it did not really mean much to me or have much of an impact. I heard it for the first time since 1999 last night and the words had so much of an impact on me I just had to share it with you guys. It bought tears to my...

View more questions Search