Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Netta22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2012, 11:07 PM
    Taking Non custodial Parental rights away
    My question is this I have two children by my ex who lives in Washington state and I live in Nevada. He is not on the birth certificates but the children do have his last name what are my choices of not basically having to have anything to do with him any longer? I am now married and have another small child. And my husband would like to adopt my older children. So I need basically to know what my choices are and how to go about doing them?
    Thank you
    Lynnetta Adkins
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 18, 2012, 03:42 AM
    Go see an attorney and have adoption papers prepared. Part of the process will be to get the bio father to agree to the adoption. If he doesn't agree and wants to take an active part in the children's lives, it is unlikely the court will grant a Termination of Rights. The only way they will grant a TPR is as part of the adoption. So don't bother trying to get a TPR as a separate process.

You don't indicate whether he is a part of their lives or pays support. These are important factors.

That is is not on the birth certificate won't matter. The court will require that the father be identified and his permission obtained.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taking parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

My son has not seen his father for over a year. He has chose not to have any contact with our son. I am wanting to find out if I can file for his rights and to change my son's last name.

Taking Parental Rights. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 9month old daughter and I'm worried about her, because the bio-father won't sing over his rights to me, so my question is does anyone know if I can have his parental rights taking from him.. because he pleaed guilty to sexual assault.. and also his own cousin went to the police about...

Taking away parental rights [ 2 Answers ]

I know every situation is different and mine goes as follows. My sons father broke into my house and beat and raped me in front of our son in 2005, he is now in prison until 2010. To make a long story short I want his rights taken away, I don't ever want to see or have anything to do with him...

Taking away parental rights [ 2 Answers ]

My ex-husband has been in and out of prison. He has drug charges and domestic violence charges against him already. Right now he is under investigation for child molestation against a 5 year old girl. If he gets this charge can I take away his rights without him signing them over to me? I have been...

By giving up my parental rights in n.why.to the custodial [ 3 Answers ]

Mother if she requests it and tells me if I do I won't have to pay any child support or have any more legal proceedings is that true if her lawyer draws up the proper documentation?:confused:

View more questions Search