Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SCOPE1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2012, 06:23 PM
    Oklahoma
    I never was order to pay child support nor asked by the mother ;child is now 23,she was adopted ,so she says, at age 4,I didn't t know she existed,I'm a presumed father ,borned 10 months after the divorce, divorce decree says not pregnant or no childern (1987); I had never seen the ex wife to date(2012),I get a call saying I was told you're my dad,I'm I liable for any child support? If so to who ?ex wife or child? State of Oklahoma
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 17, 2012, 06:31 PM
    Wouldn't appear so. Especially if she was adopted.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 17, 2012, 07:18 PM
    If she had not been adopted, you may have owed support ( if she had filed a child support order in the past) to the mother, ** support is not paid to the child but to the parent or guardian who raised the child.

But if she was adopted ( would have different last name than the birth mother) then there is no legal obligation what so ever.

Most likely she is like too many that come on here and want to find who the parents were that were adopted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oklahoma Overtime [ 2 Answers ]

I work for a Plant nursery in Oklahoma... I am a office employee... I do not do piece work, I am not seasonal, I do not work outdoors with the farm hands, I am paid hourly, I do not make near $455.00 per week, HP says I am exempt from being paid time and half for overtime... only get straight time....

Why few basements in Oklahoma? [ 1 Answers ]

An acquaintance says the bedrock is too high. Is it less than eight or nine feet below the surface? Ground water? Thank you. Robert

Age in Oklahoma [ 3 Answers ]

Ok so I'm 15 and I called this place in OKC that was looking really clean and good and junk. My mom ok'd the piercing and when I called I asked how much and what I needed to birng. She said that they can't pierce my belly button until I'm 16 and my bestie got her's done a 14 . So does it just...

View more questions Search