Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 29, 2012, 02:21 PM
    Think of it as a control thing. You've lost control. You've given away your power to the urge to cut. Now I want you to take back that power and stop cutting. What good things will happen if you take back your power?
    ommi_kosher Posts: 32, Reputation: -1

Jun 16, 2012, 09:47 AM
    Good news I've stopped the poking/cutting but I still want to destroy stuff and its like I'm the only thing that I can harm with out getting into trouble I hate it and I talked to my aunt instead of my mom and I think she's going to help me but how do I get over wanting to harm myself and others?? I mean I've never hurt anybody but myself obviously but still I'm not sure of what to do
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 16, 2012, 09:59 AM
    Would it help if I send you a photo of me glaring and frowning at you? You can put the photo in your pocket and take it out to look at every time you feel the urge to cut or poke

Yes, that is silly, but you need an instant way to remind yourself. A friend wears a rubber band around her wrist and snaps it when the cutting urge appears.

Jun 16, 2012, 10:17 AM
    Ill try the rubber band thing lol :) I really appreciate your help
    But seriously I am going to try the rubber band thing...
    Much love
    Omunique (names pronounced I'm - unique)
    andrea-grace Posts: 10, Reputation: -3

Jun 18, 2012, 08:42 AM
    Well I know why you would be scared to cut truthfully I do and well needles are a lot more dangerous then cutting because you could puncture a vein or a muscle and paralize yourself.
    So why hide that you do? Just let it out if your judged then why should you have those friends you need people who are there for you. Trust me you need to stop and if you can't you need to get help
    (cutting isn't a good idea you get addicted to the pain but with needles you would get addicted
    To drugs that use needles) please talk to someone I don't and I do reget not going sooner than now
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2012, 08:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by andrea-grace View Post
    well i know why you would be scared to cut truthfully i do and well needles are a lot more dangerous then cutting becuse you could puncture a vein or a muscle and paralize yourself.
    So why hide that you do? just let it out if your judged then why should you have those friends you need people who are there for you. trust me you need to stop and if you can't you need to get help
    (cutting isnt a good idea you get addicted to the pain but with needles you would get addicted
    to drugs that use needles) please talk to someone i dont and i do reget not going sooner than now

I think you mean well but puncturing yourself with needles, a form of cutting, self mutilating, does NOT addict a person to drugs.

Jun 18, 2012, 10:25 AM
    Yeah but there was no drugs just a needle...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What have I done to my wrist? [ 2 Answers ]

I am having trouble with my wrist. I felt a pop one day, and it put me in so much pain I cried. Then the next day, my wrist swelled up on the same side my pinkie is and there is a knot there now. I can't move it, or pick up an items, and when I am not using it, it throbs. Someone please tell me...

Cutting of the wrist [ 10 Answers ]

I've tried to stop cutting. I can't. So how can I keep going without anybody noticing?:(

Stiff wrist [ 2 Answers ]

So I got a new job, a desk job constantly using a mouse, and I have developed very stiff wrist. Is there any stetches/ exercises to lossen it and keep it moving freely

My frind stop cutting or other ways then cutting [ 3 Answers ]

My closest friend cutts because she was verbally, physically, and sexually abused. But I don't know how to help and its hurts me that she feels that she needs to cut her self to hind the pain. She tried killing herself 3 times and stopped cutting for 1 month but couldn't take it anymore

Craftsman riding lawnmower cutting off in middle of cutting grass [ 1 Answers ]

Craftsman Riding lawnmower is cutting off in middle of cutting grass and then start it back it will cut for awhile then do again. Does sound like it isn't getting gas. Can some on help.

View more questions Search