Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaylyndmays2004 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2012, 05:06 PM
    What are my rights when my neighbors have dogs that fill our building with a bad odor
    I live in an apt with 4 units. My neighbors live in a 1bd apt on the lower level. They constantly allow the two great dame dogs to poop on the lawn and either not pick it up immediately or leave the bags of poop on the front against the building. When you enter our hallway it is the most horrible smell that has saturated into the carpets. It smells so bad that I'm embarrassed to invite people in because they turn their noses up in disgust at the odor. I have called the leasing office several times and the problem continues. Not to mention the dogs are always barking. The manager in so many words basically said this is what I should expect in apt living. What can I do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 16, 2012, 05:08 PM
    Contact the code department and animal control to have them investigate if they are in violation. If dogs are barking at night, call the police for disturbing the peace.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 17, 2012, 07:02 AM
    To further Fr. Chucks answer, I would also put the owners on notice that you consider the noise and smell a breach of contract and will move out. I believe most courts would agree that too if it is as bad ad you claim.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can I do about my neighbors disrespectful, destructive kids and dogs. [ 17 Answers ]

My wife and I have lived in our home since 2000. About a year and a half ago we got some new neighbors next door to us. To make a long story short, their kids continuously trespass, are destructive to our house and vehicles. They always come over at all hours of the day and night taking stuff off...

Bad odor, sewage odor after I use washer, It also causes the toilet to gurgle [ 1 Answers ]

Bad sewage odor after I use washer, It also causes the toilet to gurgle, both on the main level

Building a fence to hide my neighbors' fences [ 6 Answers ]

In my backyard I have a patchwork of 4 different colored fences, facing in different directions, that belong to my neighbors. They're great people, but combined, their fences look like crap. I want to build by own privacy fence around the entire perimeter of my backyard about a foot away from the...

Neighbors won't control kids or dogs [ 9 Answers ]

Controlling neighbors?? I have a huge problem with BOTH of my neighbors not only are their kids horrible but get this their dogs have even caused property damage. Today the neighbors on our left their dog jumped the fence and attacked our 15 year husky retriever mix who is defenseless due to his...

Neighbors dogs abused! [ 16 Answers ]

Me and my daughter were taking a walk and we passed a near by house that had 2 dogs that were skin and bones, It was strange because we had never seen them out side before. We called animal abuse and asked them to ck it out. After that some time went by and we only seen 1 dog outside and it...

View more questions Search