Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brokencomputer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2012, 10:12 AM
    Apple help desk
    I am selling my apple iMac. I voided the apple of all information so the new user would have no access to my files.

Upon rebooting, the machine would not boot up. I put a snow leopard disk in which allowed me to boot up.

When I tried to download snow leopard onto the machine I was unable to and I continued to get an error message.

Also, I can not get the CD out.

What are my options?
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

May 21, 2012, 03:40 AM
    Firstly I hope your installation disks are not scratched LOL

To remove the CD, shutdown, hold the right click on mouse then startup whilst still holding the right click. The cd should pop right out.

If you are selling it, I'd recommend doing a fresh installation.

Whilst the Snow L install disk is in power the machine on whilst holding the "C" key on keyboard, the MAC should then boot from the CD.
    It normally takes a while for it to start although it might look like it's doing nothing.

Once the installation screen appears, on the toolbar on top click Utilities then Disk Utilities.
    Now erase the disk and close Disk Utility. (Will delete everything on the MAC)
    Now start a fresh installation.

Hope this helps.
    Grant

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Apple help desk [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new iMac. The printer default is set for color, and I'm catching hell at work for doing so much unnecessary color printing. How can I change the default to black, while allowing myself the option to print in color from time to time?

Apple help desk [ 2 Answers ]

Everything working fine, ability to print to wireless printer no problem then… New High Speed internet connection with new password. Printer is a Cannon MP620 series – wireless. I can no longer access the printer. I tried to re-install the printer hardware and it takes me through all the steps...

2008 word on desktop apple/send to apple laptop 2005word and doesn't display, why? [ 2 Answers ]

Document written in 2008 word sent to 2005 word both apple CPUs but document won't translate. Instead it is a bunch of sequential hyrogliphics? What process to Save to lesser update of word so document can open in older version? Or other solution Thank You Rein

Apple help desk [ 2 Answers ]

Mac OS 10.5.8 I can't download audio CDs to computer or iTunes. I have done this before but I am not able to now. Please assist! Thanks. LHoward

View more questions Search