Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    willicg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 07:57 PM
    Amana Heating & A/C Furnace in the Attic
    Amana Forced Air Unit in Attic, 2 yrs old in June 07. When on Auto/Heat, can hear the click and something starts to make noises as if it is "warming up", never kicks on. When on On/Heat, air comes out but is cold. What are some things I can check and where would I find them on the unit. Thank You for any troubleshooting advice I can get before having to resort to paying someone.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 4, 2007, 03:30 PM
    There is nothing a homeowner can check. Call for service.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2007, 03:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000
    There is nothing a homeowner can check. call for service.
    I disagree. As I said in the last question: Could be a lot of other things you could easily fix yourself. Even a circuit board isn't that hard to change. You do need to be sure it is the problem before coughing up for a new one. If the thermostat is battery powered, it could be as simple as blown fuse on the 24 volt supply. Does it respond to fan ON?

Best thing is to go to the H&AC sticky and start with the sequence of operations. Post back if you need help with the details. Thisis a furnace and not a heat pump? Sounds to me like the inducer blower is starting, but the controls aren't getting the signal that it is running.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2007, 05:39 PM
    Check for warranty. You may have a extended warranty.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Amana furnace [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I am having so much trouble, trouble shooting my furnace, I have a Amana Furnace, I noticed that the Burner is not staying long enough for the heat to blow through the vent. This is my observation, once adjusted the temp desired in the thermostat, the burner on the furnace...

Amana furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I misplace the wiring diagram and installation manual for my Amana Furnace. Any chance someone, website may have a good source for that: Mod # GUCO70B40A, Serial # 9110104173, Mfg # P9114303F Suggestions for a fix would be appreciated also: Having problems starting. The igniter works fine...

I have an Amana 80+ furnace. [ 1 Answers ]

When the temperature reaches the desired setting, the gas burners turn off as they should, however the fan continues to run and blows cold air. The temperature dips well below the thermostat setting, but the burners do not turn back on and the fan continues to run. I also notice a flashing red...

Amana Forced Air Furnace [ 2 Answers ]

My two year old furnace does not come on when the thermostat indicates that it should: i.e. 2 degrees below the ambient room temperature. I have set it for 72 degrees but it gets as low as 64 degrees before it will finally come on. I have replaced the thermostat with a brand new honeywell...

Old Amana furnace needs new blower [ 7 Answers ]

Happy to be here. Two part question- I own an old Amana "Air Command" gas fired forced hot hir furnace. Model # GHE140DJ-4. It's circa 1979. Blower is 2-speed, capacity is listed @ 112000 BTU /hr. The fan would not come on during auto, but I managed to make it spin under "on" position by spinning...

View more questions Search