Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    honneybee1118 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 06:56 PM
    I have pcos
    I Have PCOS Can I still get pregnant?and if I can't what is the cheapist fertility drug and can my obgyn give me a prescription for firtility drugs?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2007, 07:18 PM
    Yes, you can still get pregnant. The main problem for women with PCOS is the lack of ovulation. Has your husband's sperm count been checked and have you been checked to make sure your fallopian tubes are not blocked? Those are things the doctor should do before prescribing a fertility medication. Taking fertility medication does increase the risk of multiple births but it can also increase ovulation and thereby increase the chance of pregnancy.

I do not know what the cheapest fertility drug is - what may cost $80.00 here may cost $120.00 there and vice versa. Consult your OB/GYN. He, or she, will prescribe the best treatment plan.

Be aware of the risks to you if you do become pregnant and as you go through the pregnancy. There is a higher rate of miscarriage, gestational diabetes, high blood pressure and premature births. There again, your OB/GYN will be your best resource and support.

Good luck to you!
    pcosinct Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2008, 07:20 PM
    Just to add to the previous - your biggest answer falls into treating the PCOS itself to alleviate the symptoms and problems your body is dealing with. When you treat the core problem, other issues improve.

Angi Ingalls
    PCOS in ConnecTion
    [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search