Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Teaching Posts: 198, Reputation: 28

Feb 24, 2007, 05:39 PM
    Stress Relievers
    What kind of things/activities do you do to relieve stress and take care of yourself?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 24, 2007, 05:43 PM
    Um, well I take a long hot bubble bath with candles, music and a glass of red wine. Really I do!!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 24, 2007, 05:44 PM
    Sometimes to a day if I have a test coming up.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2007, 05:48 PM
    For me I use meditation. I was very well practised when I was a teenager. I am trying to get back into it because it worked very very well for me.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2007, 06:19 PM
    I also use meditation. It took me about 3 or 4 months of practice before I started to get the hang of it though. I would get distracted or fall asleep:o .
    But now, it's a real helpful way for me to let things go.
    I also watch my fish aquariums. The aquarium water and the bubble sounds are very soothing and watching the fish go about their business in their own little world is very relaxing to me, especially while sipping a warm cup of spiced tea...
    Kae
    sexybeasty Posts: 112, Reputation: 16

Feb 25, 2007, 04:24 AM
    All the above answers are great. Another one, which my friend relayed to me, seems absolutely brilliant.

My friend has unsurmountable problems with her daughter. She is hoping time will fix the problem, but it is the waiting game in the mean time. This is making the mother crazy. She found a homeless person the other day, and bought him food. Seems such a small thing, but she felt wonderful for taking care of something she could control.

Therefore, my answer is to do something positive for someone else, as it will make you feel better and calmer. Also, smile and laugh more and being friendly can bring out the best in others and thus... the snowball effect.

Positivity breeds relief in a relentless world.(smile)
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2007, 04:36 AM
    I agree with all the above. I would add that, for me, watching my favorite old cartoons is a way to defuse stress. Norman Cousins wrote when he was ill, diagnoses with cancer, he would watch programs like The Three Stooges, cartoons, funny movies, etc. because laughter made him feel better and he swore of laughter's healing powers.
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2007, 07:07 AM
    Kayaking - the most relaxing thing I do, makes me feel as one with nature. Especially when the sun is shining :)

Gym and badminton also help. Helps me focus and gives me a natural high :)

Music is great to!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 6, 2007, 06:13 AM
    Walking clears my mind and then allows me to de-stress. I also am a stainled glass artisan so working on a project which needs my undivided attention works wonders for a stressful day's end.
    Asaahi Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 01:15 AM
    I have a couple things:

1) Surf - This sound of water really calms the soul. And you see a dolphin pack go by every once in a while where I live.

2) Run - This one is harder to get myself to do, but when I do, I get my mind on other things.

3) Music - The language of the soul. Usually I start my listening with something more in touch with my emotions at the moment, then end with something upbeat and happy. (If you've never heard Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar, it's amazing; Makes my soul smile! Also, if you play and instrument, it makes you forget all about stuff.

4) Read - Lately I've been on a spiritual quest in life, and it seems reading the Bible (Of course not chapters like Revelations! Hehehe!) really helps calm me down a lot. Reminds me that there are much bigger things in life! Doesn't matter what you believe in, this really helps... Though I don't know if this helps an atheist person... They should stick to the first three? Just kidding.

Share your love with a friend; They smile.
    Share your love with a stranger; The world smiles.
    -Anonymous
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2007, 06:13 PM
    Sometimes getting in the car and just driving. No destination in mind just driving on the freeway or out in the country on a road you've never been on before. Only downside is when I fill the tank back up with gas again due to prices skyrocketing in the last few years I lose all the relaxation I received enjoying the drive.

Also working out brings a focus in me that I don't normally seem to have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Stress [ 2 Answers ]

[/COLOR if a one person is always fantasyzing?what could be the effects?is there a possibility that she could be out of her mind?

Too much stress [ 4 Answers ]

I really don't know I feel like crap today and I don't know why I mean I had an OK day in school I had to go see this consulier today witch I hate because you I hate telling my life story to some strangers but what ever then there is this stupid kid that I had a past with telling me lies and stuff...

Stress [ 1 Answers ]

Why do you think it is important for people to deal with stress? Need lots of opinions doing a survey thing

Stress: [ 8 Answers ]

Tell me a few Christian ways to reduce stress! HANK :)

View more questions Search