Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babygirlme97 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2012, 08:46 PM
    Is it legal for a 19-year old guy to date a 15-year old girl in the state of SC
    I am a 15 year old girl just curious on if it is legal to date a 19 year old guy in the state of South Carolina.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 13, 2012, 09:11 PM
    The only law is that the parents of the 15 year old will have to approve of it.

If you decide to have sex, that is where a lot of the laws take effect.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 14, 2012, 06:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    The only law is that the parents of the 15 year old will have to approve of it.

If you decide to have sex, that is where a lot of the laws take effect.
    To clarify, the parents would have to approve of dating - if they were to approve of sex it wouldn't make any difference. The guy would neverttheless be guilty of a felony were he to have sex with her.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 14, 2012, 06:19 AM
    Yes, its legal but your fun will be limited.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In the State of Maine is it legal for an 18 year old male to date a 16 year old girl [ 3 Answers ]

My son is 18 years old and wants to date a girl who is 16 years old and will turn 17 years old in 2 weeks. Is this legal?

I'm a 14 year old girl and I want to date an 18 year old, would it be legal in south c [ 19 Answers ]

I'm turning 15 in a month and love this guy- my parents wolnt let me because they think its illegal- I need to prove them wrong, please help

Is it legal for a 15 year old girl to date a 20 year old guy in because ? [ 3 Answers ]

Can a 15 year old girl date a 20 year old guy in because ?

View more questions Search