Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stew0029 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2012, 06:00 PM
    My employer keeps trying to get me to work for a flat rate, which is 1/3 of my hourly
    I am a truck driver for a moving company. We have one account that regularly takes 12 hours to complete and most of the time it is on Sunday, which would be overtime. I used to just punch in and do it as a normal day of work, but about a month ago, my employer said I could no longer do it on the clock, they were going to flat rate me at 100 dollars for the day, which is a huge pay cut. They told me to take it or leave it, so I told them I couldn't work for that much money. But now they won't stop asking me to do it, they keep trying to pressure me into it and I don't like it. They have also asked me to work for free, cause they said they didn't have money to pay me. Are they breaking any laws?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 13, 2012, 06:33 PM
    They may change your rate of pay for all your pay, Just because it is on Sunday, does not mean it is over time, it has to do with total hours of the week, not what day of the week it is on

I guess they can "ask you" to do it free, they can't make you do it free.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My employer considers me salary on a 50 hour work week and pays me a rate of 700 week [ 1 Answers ]

My employer considers me on a 50 hour salary ,paying 700.00 weekly ,but if I only work 48 or anything less than 50 hours a week they pay me only straight time ,what I'm saying is that if I work 45 hours they pay me 45 hours straight time ,I'm just wondering if that is legal

Hourly Rate for Bookkeeping [ 9 Answers ]

A friend of a friend is just starting up a construction company and has asked me to do his book keeping. Although I have never actually worked as a bookkeeper, bookkeeping has been an aspect for several of my jobs giving me about 12 years experience. While he is starting up the company, he...

Can my employer require unpaid work for an hourly employee? [ 2 Answers ]

My employer has set up a system where we work on projects and each of these has a specific budget. When the budget runs out, we stop getting paid to work on that project. We often find ways around this so it isn't always a problem, but last week I was directed to complete several projects with no...

Daycare hourly rate [ 5 Answers ]

In general what do you suppose the daycare will charge you By the hour. Someone told me even on a weekly arrangement if you do not bring in the child for one day you still have to pay for the whole week.

Calculating hourly rate [ 1 Answers ]

An employee gets pay $1352.50 bi-monthly. How do you calculate the hourly rate? School employee that only works 184 days a year. Thanks for any help that you can provide.

View more questions Search