Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katherinefisher Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2012, 12:02 PM
    My ex girlfriend is asking for money HELP!
    My relationship with my ex partner ended nearly a year ago and now she is asking for money. Over the 5 years I spent with her we obviously both helped each other out with money, e.g.. Petrol, food, rent, bills etc. Little to my knowledge she must have been totaling up every penny that she spent and anything that I had spent on her I just forgot about as it was 'give and take' in my opinion. Now she's demanding that I pay her a total of £3500 and if I don't have the money she wants me to give her my car which my current partners mother paid most of. As I believed that we were just helping each other out, like any normal couple, I have no receipts or anything that I spent on her for this reason and I highly doubt she has any receipts likewise. My concerns are that she will try to take me to small claims court or something and I very much doubt that her total sum is correct anyway. I don't have that sort of money and I could never source it.
    What should I do? Please help!
    Many thanks to anybody that can help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 13, 2012, 12:12 PM
    I would like you to give me money and your car too, so what, why are you even talking to her,

Just tell her no and don't talk to her again, gifts back and forth between boyfriend and girlfriend are not loans to be paid back.

Just ignore her.
    katherinefisher Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2012, 12:17 PM
    Haha thanks mate, you've given me peace of mind, my current girlfriend says the same, just needed to hear it from others as well. Any other opinions welcome. Thanks again.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 13, 2012, 06:40 PM
    Yeah, Fr_Chuck is right on this one. She can't get anything from you other than what you're willing to give her... so just tell her to forget it. She's only trying to scare you into paying her off. She sounds like a real winner... sounds like you're way better off without her. Stop talking to her and maybe she'll just go away.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 13, 2012, 09:16 PM
    Unless she has a written or verbal agreement to be repaid, she is out of luck. Without any of this, you look good.
    indya Posts: 357, Reputation: 58

May 13, 2012, 11:17 PM
    Ignore her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my girlfriend get my money? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been dating a girl for about 6 months. For 2 months she has been sleeping at my place 3 or 4 nights a week. I sleep at her place maybe once a week. I don't spend much money on her. Dinner or lunch maybe 2 or 3 times a week though nothing too fancy. She pays once in awhile. My concern is if...

Money issue with girlfriend [ 47 Answers ]

I met this girl and I must admit things were going too fast. We already have sex two weeks in and we only officially boyfriend and girlfriend for two weeks. I know too much too fast crash and burn. I really like this girl but I think we have money issues. Most of the time we go out, I paid for...

GirlFriend never helps with money [ 27 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been going out for almost a year now. She is very loveable and a loving person. I have no problems with her except one problem. I intend to marry her but so far I cannot see what her contribution will be financially to our relationship. We go out all the time, to lunch &...

Want money from ex girlfriend for dog [ 2 Answers ]

I bought an $1800 puppy for my girlfriend a year ago, we broke up, found out she never loved me, it was all an act. She's in Virginia, Im in Florida, I know I could file a claim in virginia but would I lose if I tried to take her to small claims court to get her to pay me the $1800 back?

View more questions Search