Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jackinthebox123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2012, 11:56 AM
    Should I give him a chance ?
    There's this guy he has liked me for 5 months now but I don't like him back and I don't think I will ever grow feelings for him he really does love me he has asked me out two times and I have said no because I don't like him only as a friend and he has cried for me and I have cried because I feel very bad knowing he is crying for me and he said he will never give up on me that he will someday make me his girlfriend he is really sweet and nice he said he will treat me like his princess . I want to grow feelings for him but I just can't I don't know what to do should I give him a chance ?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 13, 2012, 12:05 PM
    You haven't dated him but he loves you? Have the two of you been close friends?

Do not go out with him if you aren't interested. It would only give him false hope. If you are friends, simply tell him that you like him as a friend, but that you don't think of him as anything more than that.

If it bothers you that he keeps going on about wanting to make you his girlfriend, tell him to stop. If he continues, you may need to end the friendship.
    Jackinthebox123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2012, 12:14 PM
    No we have never dated and that's exactly what I told him " that I like him as a friend and I don't think of him anything more than that " but he doesn't understand he still keeps on going that he likes me.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 13, 2012, 12:20 PM
    If he isn't getting the message, you may need to be even more direct. "I like you as a friend, and all of this talk about making me your girlfriend has to stop. I am flattered, but it is starting to be too much and it is making me uncomfortable and I don't want it to ruin our friendship".

If you are close friends, then simply tell him to knock it off already, that it's getting old!

Again, if he continues, and it bothers you... start to spend less time around him and more with other friends. If he asks why you are avoiding him, tell him the truth.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 13, 2012, 07:43 PM
    It would be cruel to let him carry on knowing you have no feelings for him. I think you have to not only be more stern in your rejections, but also tell him he will ruin any friendship too, if he keeps pressing you for dates.

Sorry, but you cannot allow him to keep thinking he has ANY chance, or he keeps asking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I give him a second chance? [ 4 Answers ]

I've been on and off with this guy for seven years ( were 21yrs old), we were going to get married and then I got a secondment job in australia for six months and he supported me and off I went, but I got cold feet and wasn't happy with him ( because of our past, it haunts me) so I left. Month...

Should I give him another chance? [ 12 Answers ]

I met my partner 8 years ago he had a 2 year old daughter he was sole parent for. I took on responsibility of his daughter and have been her mother for 8 of her now 10 years. We have had a generally good relationship... money issues, ups and downs but have generally been OK. Her birth Mother...

Should I give him a chance [ 3 Answers ]

Guys maybe you should assist me this time, I sometimes feel incomplete and hae a low self esteem every time a guy proposes to me. I feel as if I don't deserve them and like I am not beautifull to impress them, how do I conduct myself when I go on a date for the first time with a guy, the...

Should I give a second chance? [ 20 Answers ]

I have been dating a guy for a little over 2 weeks. It has been going great. There is a lot of chemistry and I enjoy his company. So 2 days ago I get a text from a girl saying that he had been living with her up until a week ago. At first when I approached him about this he denied it all...

Should I give him one more chance? [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend of a year and a half was my first true love. Everything in the beginning was perfect but in the last few months we had some nasty fights. I realized he was taking me for granted, possibly because we had so many plans for the future he stopped putting in effort keep me satisfied in...

View more questions Search