Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    afzal2k1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 03:12 PM
    I am not able to open C Drive.
    HI Sir,

I have locked my C drive and one folder from D drive using lock folder xp 3.6 10 days back, but after that yesterday I opend the lock folder to unlock the C drive, then I seen that there is no C drive in my locked iteam, only another folder was there. I have unlocked that folder for use, but unfortunately I am not able to open my C drive. The messege displays "Access is Denied".

I have checked everything from my end to unlock the C drive but I am not able to open my drive, whereas I have administrator rights.

Please Help me, its very urgent...

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks,
    Afzal.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Feb 24, 2007, 08:37 PM
    Never heard of this software before, but if you can boot from a locked C drive, that means C drive is accessible just before Windows fully loads up. Maybe its some type of service that enables the locked drive functions ?

Try to boot into safe mode instead. Is C drive shown under disk management? If it is what do the properties say?
    afzal2k1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 02:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC888
    Never heard of this software before, but if you can boot from a locked C drive, that means C drive is accessible just before Windows fully loads up. Maybe its some type of service that enables the locked drive functions ?

Try to boot into safe mode instead. Is C drive shown under disk managment? If it is what do the properties say?

HI There!
    I have solved my problem by using this method. Which I got from Richard...

Hello,

You have to:

1)run control panel->folder options->view->disable "use simple file sharing"
    Flag

2) right click on your drive

3)sharing and security... ->security

4) advanced->owner - take ownership on this folder

5)permitions->allow permitions to everyone

If you are running Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, you must start the
    Computer in safe mode, and then log on with an account that has
    Administrative rights to have access to the Security tab.

How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP

Best Regards,
    Richard Davids,
    Everstrike Software
    Richard Davids <[email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Win 2003: Permanent drive letter 4 removable drive [ 2 Answers ]

I have set up a backup system on Windows 2003 Server using 2 hot-swap removable drive drawers with hard drives in them. I have a pair of backup drives for each day of the week, with one drive imaging the OS partition and the other drive imaging the data partition. The system is working beautifully...

My c drive doesn't open? [ 4 Answers ]

My cd rom drive has a disk in it and now I can't get it open. Any help for the computer iliterate?:confused:

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

My c drive don't open [ 5 Answers ]

I try to open it by using c drive and ejecting it butt it doesn't work

To open hard drive [ 2 Answers ]

When I click on my hard drives they come up in search mode,how do I get them to open when clicked on?

View more questions Search