Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mr 50 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2012, 03:03 PM
    Select comfort beds troubleshooting
    Hi:
    My inquiry and question doesn't really fall in to any of these "SPECIFIC" categores but may involve or include several, home furnishings, electrical, etc.
    The product I am dealing with is a "Select Comfort" brand, with dual chamber (or 2 bladders), inflatable bed and air mattress system. It is noted as being an "E" King size and the remote control has 2 buttons each, for L and R side, which allows the pressure to go to a maximum of 100 or however one prefers the firmness.

The bed is second hand, voiding the warranty but still well out of warranty due age and we've been the owners for 10 years. We suspect the system is about 25 years old but still in excellent condition and still very, very serviceable.
    We've overcome minor leaking issues, on one side only, in the past. Also, if and occasionally when I've been inflating, the remote MAY show an Error Message on the display as an E1, E7 or whatever and the inflating may not work. To overcome that factor, I've simply unplugged the power cord, plugged it back in and that usually overcomes the problem and I can inflate properly to the desired firmness..

Finally, and thanks for your patients getting to the problem but I felt that information should be stated first.

My problem now is that after inflating, the motor WILL NOT SHUT OFF. The pump does not continue to pump so there's no concern about over-inflating or bursting one of the bladders / mattresses. I have unplugged the power cord, left it for short periods and even overnight, plugged it back in 10 hours later and the motor will start running.

I have searched the Internet to no avail with this specific type of problem.

I have phoned and spoken to reps from Sleep Number. Select Comfort is not made anymore and the parent company is "Sleep Number". The Rep. was very helpful but their only solution is to purchase another pump or motor at $300.00(US) + Shipping + Taxes.

At this stage, I have not taken the motor or inquired of anyone if a problem like this is repairable.

We live in Surrey, British Columbia, Canada.

Any suggestions will be appreciated and thanks again from your patience.

Larry
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 12, 2012, 05:05 PM
    There is a pressure sensing switch somewhere in the circuit that is not working.
    Gunslinger66 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2012, 02:05 PM
    OK Larry, I took the cover off mine and found one tabbed electric connector disconnected (white) and the white pump hose had come loose. The white air hose goes from the OUT side of the pump, to the top connection on the pressure switch, where the bed lines go out as well. Once I completed these items, the pump came on and the bed is filling. Note: The air pump can be replaced at a pet store or at Grainger for about 30 bucks.

Cheers,
    Marc_

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Select comfort remote [ 0 Answers ]

I purchased a select comfort bed in 2010 at an auction Ive had no problems at all with the bed recently I moved and in the process I have lost the remote and I need another one I am wondering wher I can purchase a remote to work the select comfort pump

State select water heater troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

Our hot water heater was working perfectly fine then we had a water main break down the street. We were without any water for a day, and when we finally got water it will not get hot HELP

State select water heater troubleshooting? [ 0 Answers ]

Propane water heater modelPR650CCVIT no hot water exhaust fan is running .on the controler the vacation light is on the one in the middle is on and the one on the far right is on that says very hot. I go and push the two arrows to relight it and then the center light should blink and fire up but...

State select water heater troubleshooting [ 0 Answers ]

I have state select water heater and it went on vacation mode how to bring it back in regular mode?

State select water heater troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

We have a State Select instant water heater that is about 3 years old. It serves a single small sink in a room that is rarely used. Tonight it started to leak. I unplugged it, shut off the water at the isolation valve and opened the drain valve. Less than 1/2-cup of milky-looking water came...

View more questions Search