Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pagan_soul Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 12:31 PM
    The condom broke.
    Hey everyone.
    Last night me and my partner were having sex when the condom broke.
    Do you suggest I get the morning after pill? And if I do, I can't get it until tomorrow.
    Are there any other ways to prevent pregnancy?

Also, I have a related question that I mght as well ask here too.
    I've had sex with two different people, the first person we slept together about 15 times, the seond only the once. The problem is, every time we do it, it still hurts for me.
    Is this a problem? I get no pleasure out of it, besides seeing my partners pleasure. Is it perhaps something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for your time.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2007, 12:37 PM
    The morning after pill is effective up to 72 hours after intercourse, so I recommend you get it tomorrow. They are most effective within the first 12 hours, though.

I can't answer about your second issue, maybe someone else will pipe in :)
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2007, 12:41 PM
    I would not do something that I did not get pleasure from, just to please my partner. Especially when it comes to sexual intercourse. You end up feeling used.

Something is wrong, yes. Either you are not emotionally into the act of intercourse or your partner has not taken the time with the foreplay. It can be both at the same time. It is hard to get into the moment when you do not feel anything.

You say having sexual intercourse hurts you - I hope you do see an OB/GYN about this - you cuold have some underlying condition that is causing the pain. It also be something simple such as not having enough lubrication. But check that out - you need to know that medically you are healthy.

Other ways to prevent pregnancy are the birth control pill, the birth control patch, an IUD, there is an Ortho-Novum ring, there is an implant that is placed under the skin (usually the arm), and there is celibacy. No one wants to hear that word anymore, but it is 100% effective.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2007, 07:34 PM
    I would suggest the pill as a form of birthcontrol. You can also use a condom along with using the pill, just for extra protection. As far as the painful sex, some women it just takes time for their bodies to get use to it. However, you might want to get an exam, as you might be really tight in that area. My sister had this problem. She had rather painful periods because of it, and her ob/gyn told her she needed to get surgery done before she had sex, or it would be painful. So she had the procedure done(they can either stretch it, or they can make a small incision to make it larger, it heals perfectly within weeks. Its just an in office kind of procedure, using local anesthesia.) She hasn't had any problems since. It could be a few other things as well(endometriosis for one). I would definitely go to your doctor and talk to them about the pain, where and when it takes place etc. Good luck!
    ghost56 Posts: 283, Reputation: 26

Feb 26, 2007, 11:44 AM
    The morning after pill is effective if taken within 72 hours. As for your painful sex, it may be a good idea to see the doctor and explain, get him to check you out, to make sure there is no medical problem. Good luck.
    pricej Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 02:00 PM
    For other types of birth control, the pill is nice, but just to let you know, I was on the pill when I got pregnant. It was not because I was taking it irregularly either. I am a little OCD, so I was taking it at the same time everyday, and still got pregnant. My cousin was the same way (maybe it is just my family though). The best thing to do for other types of prevention is to talk to your doctor. After my son, they had a lot of methods, but it is up to you and what you are comfortable with.
    As for the pain, I used to have the same problem. I am 5'1 and only about 90lbs. Very small frame, and It was the same as buggage's sister (just a little tight). If was never like extremely painful, but the same as you, most of the time I just did not enjoy sex as much. I never did the surgery, it was not that bad, but after having an 8lb child, no more pain! If you are very small then that could simply be it. Try different positions also (my husband talked me into this one) I was worried about this at first because the usual missionary was a little painful, but I found that other positions were actually quite nice and did not hurt at all!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broke [ 1 Answers ]

I lost my job and I'm broke need money can I get my money from my 401 k I only worked their 2 years and don't have any other 401 account?:( :confused:

Damaged condom [ 13 Answers ]

In case condom is damaged while using and u suspect that siemeb may have gone into the womb, then what precaution should be taken to avoid pregnancy

Broke up [ 3 Answers ]

Okay... well me and my boyfriend of a year and a half broke up two months ago.. we were on and off though but we were on for like 6 months and I love him so much.. I just kept breaking up with him because I didn't want to get hurt again... but I am in the same boat hurt again... he won't talk to me...

I broke up with my girlfriend [ 13 Answers ]

I don't know what my problem is but I broke up with my girlfriend of 1 year. I love her and I think I'm in love with her so I don't know where we went wrong. I know that we both want different things in life. (i.e. family, kids, etc) She wanted to work things out but I didn't.. . why? Why? I...

C$ Broke ? [ 6 Answers ]

Apologies if this is on the wrong board but here goes... Our network is some 6.5, 5 Netware and Windows 2003 boxes, everything is in eDirectory and Zfd management agent on all machines and we use Group Policies delivered by Zen. I use the C$ every now and then to move files etc.. But for...

View more questions Search