Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amendez002 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2012, 01:36 PM
    Adjusting entries
    Interest receivable at 1/1/12 was $1,000. During 2012 cash received from debtors on outstanding notes receivable amounted to $5,000. The 2012 income statement showed interest revenue in the amount of $7,400. You are to provide the missing adjusting entry that must have been made, assuming reversing entries are not made.
    zy003553 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2013, 07:47 PM
    Dr Interest Receivable 3,400
    Cr Interest Revenue 3,400

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Preparing adjusting entries and closing entries [ 3 Answers ]

I cannot find any examples about this question on my book or anywhere else Please help.~ The following list includes selected permanent account and all of the temporary accounts from the December 31, 2008, unadjusted trial balance of Emiko Co. a business owned by Kumi Emiko. Use these account...

Advantages and disadvantages of automated systems for adjusting adjusting entries [ 5 Answers ]

Adjusting entries is something I have always done manually, is there any advantage to using an automated accounting system?

Adjusting entries: how to journalize a specific adjusting entry [ 1 Answers ]

How would I journalize this adjusting entry? Invoices representing $1,000 of services performed during the month have not been recorded as of May 31. :confused:

Adjusting journal entries from adjusting column of work sheet [ 2 Answers ]

How can I prepare necessary adjusting journal entries (a) through (e) by using the following information from the Adjustments columns of a 10-column work sheet. Interest recievable (d)$880 Office supplies ...

View more questions Search