Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dirk kuyt Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2012, 01:30 PM
    ETG question for Dr. Bill
    Sorry I posted a minute ago but didn't know if it would get your attention:

If I had 2 beers on a Tuesday night at approx 6pm and took EtG test on Thursday at 10:30am, what do you think the chances are for a positive? The alcohol was consumed in about 40 minutes and time from first drink was ~ 40 hours from my maths. Male, aged 27, 6ft, 150lbs fairly fast metabolism. I know the test cutoff is 500ng/ml. I'm also worried about the concentration of the urine too because it looked darker than "usual" although it was not my first pee of the day. Would the coffee I drank before hand have something to do with the color?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2012, 03:13 PM
    That is a close call. Your alcohol consumption was .04 g/kg. All of the tests are at .05 a little higher than yours and they all used a 100 ng cutoff. The range for EtG/EtS clearance was from a low of 22 hours to as long as 48 hours. The average is probably 32-36 hours.

The 500 cutoff is in your favor and the above figures reflect slightly higher systemic alcohol than yours. I suspect you will be clear but that is too close too call. Please let us know the results.

On this site I did find one individual that reported passing at 42 hours after 4 beers - 500 cutoff. F-135 23yo >LINK
    dirk kuyt Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2012, 04:34 PM
    Thank you for the quick reply will for sure let you know results
    jasonrichards84 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2012, 11:08 AM
    I also have a question about EtG testing. I drank on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday I had about 5 drinks of jack daniels. Sunday I had about 8 drinks of Hennessy ending at 12:30 am. I have a test today at 6pm approximately 102 hours after drinking. I have been drinking tons of water the past 3 days. I think ill be fine, but I am a little nervous that it will test positive. My question is,Do you think I will be fine? I have stayed away from anything that could cause a false positive except shampoo and toothpaste of course. Its been over 100 hours so I'm pretty sure ill be OK.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2012, 12:29 PM
    Your assessment is correct. It is very unlikely that EtG will be present after about 78 even following heavy and chronic consumption.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

EtG false positive question for Dr. Bill [ 2 Answers ]

Dr. Bill, I accidentally put on some sun screen today which had 77% denatured alcohol, I didn't have it on for more than 30 minutes before I realized what I had done and went to shower it off as fast I could. If I had a test tomorrow for etg/ets would I fail? Also, could you please tell me...

Dr. Bill, question about EtG [ 1 Answers ]

Last Sunday, I drank a couple vodka and seven ups, and a maybe 6 beers, I have a test this Saturday at 9am. I am 37 year old male, 140 pounds. Will EtG be most likely eliminated? The last test was postponed.

ETG Question for Dr. Bill [ 6 Answers ]

Dr. Bill, On Monday I drank 7 beers ending at 9pm. On Wednesday night (last night) I had 2 gulps of white wine. This morning I was called in for a random ETG UA tomorrow (Friday) at 2pm. Therefore, it will have been 89 hours since Monday's New Year's shenanigans and the test. It will have been...

View more questions Search