Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sonalb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 11:18 AM
    Credit appraisal
    What is credit appraisal and what are its contents?

How is it different from project appraisal?
    nishant12345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2009, 03:37 AM
    Credit Appraisal is a process to ascertain the risks associated with the extension of the credit facility. It is generally carried by the financial institutions which are involved in providing financial funding to its customers. Credit risk is a risk related to non repayment of the credit obtained by the customer of a bank. Thus it is necessary to appraise the credibility of the customer in order to mitigate the credit risk. Proper evaluation of the customer is perfomed which measures the financial condition and the ability of the customer to repay back the loan in future. Generally the credit facilities are extented against the security know as collateral. But even though the loans are backed by the collateral, banks are normally interested in the actual loan amount to be repaid along with the interest. Thus, the customer's cash flows are ascsertained to ensure the timely payment of the principal and the interest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disputing real estate appraisal [ 1 Answers ]

We just paid $300. For a real estate appraisal to get refinancing on our home. We also have the home for sale. Our home is in excellent condition and a very good area. The appraisal we received was very much below the homes used for comparison although the homes were not much compared to ours. ...

Appraisal Lien [ 2 Answers ]

I was trying to get a Second Mortgage on my home and the finance company has been ethically horrible all the way through it, Global Financing, they told me one thing then another, had my house appraised and when I decided to go through another mortgagecompany after they had run me around enough, I...

Getting Credit Where Credit Is Due [ 6 Answers ]

I have a small problem. I have a database that I like, but my boss (URRG):mad: wants to give the database to another est. of ours. I know they are going to need to change certain items, so they are going to need Admin access to the database, but I need a way to be able to stamp my name in it, so...

Estate taxes, appraisal, and property sale [ 1 Answers ]

A family member died in 3/05 and left us two houses in California in a trust. We'd like to get appraisals that are hopefully below $1.5 million to avoid the estate tax. What happens if we then sell the two houses and the sale prices are above the appraised values? Is estate tax recalculated? ...

View more questions Search