Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1bfm11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2012, 07:53 AM
    Koler 16.5 will not start until I pour gas into carb
    My 16.5hp Kholer sears mowers will not start until I pour gas into the cab. Once I do that it will fire up and up just fine. I have cleaned the cab and replaced the fuel pump with a new Kholer unit.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jun 26, 2012, 03:51 PM
    Hi,
    I would say the choke is not fully shutting.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yardman won't start unless I put gas in carb [ 4 Answers ]

My yardman mv20s with kolher engine only starts when I put gas in carb. And turns right off. Cleaned out the fuel lines from carb to tank and bowl at carb.. has spark on plugs wires.

Briggs & Straton 14.5 ovh starts if I pour gas in carb but won't keep ruunning [ 2 Answers ]

I have Murray rider mower with a Briggs & Straton 14.5 OHV Engine. It does not even try to start unless I pour gas directly into carb. It appears to have good compression. If I take the breather off and pour gas directly into carb, it starts and runs long enough to use up that gas then dies. I...

5 hp briggs only runs when you pour gas in carb [ 1 Answers ]

I got a briggs motor somewhere between 5 and 6 hp. When I put a little gas in the carburater it sucks it in and then will start after a few pulls for about 30 seconds but when it runs out of the gas I pour in it dies then won't star. IF I give it half to full throtle it revs but it won't idle by...

View more questions Search