Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    surfpam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2012, 08:12 PM
    Heat and ac system not zoning
    I have an ac and heat system with an aprilaire 6202 zone conrol. The heat and ac work fine but the zone control does not seem to direct the flow to up or down stairs correctly. The system is directing air mostly to the upstairs. The flow does not change whether I use the up or down stairs thermostate.
    The fuses are good and the green light is flashing in the control unit. What is wrong.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2012, 06:47 PM
    Its not uncommon for a zone damper to go bad or stick. You will have to check for 24v at the damper motors to see if one is stuck open or closed or just getting in a bind in the half way position.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a combination gas heat/electric cool system and there is no heat? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a combination unit - product code PGAA24D1KA (international COmfor Products) and there is no heat coming from it. The exhaust fan turns but the blower motor does not turn on but if you tuen the fan from auto to on the blower fan works. I need heat!

Zoning Issues [ 2 Answers ]

Under commercial tenancy law, who is responsible for ensuring the zoning laws are being up held?

New furnace/AC install: Zoning system and air cleaner questions [ 8 Answers ]

I am receiving estimates for a new furnace and AC. One Carrier contractor spoke very negatively about my zoning system and wants me to consider removing it. I live in a 3600 square foot two-story home with three finished levels. I love my zoning system. He also pressured me to buy an Aprilaire...

NO HEAT! Janitrol heat pump and AC system. Changing to Lux Thermostat. Wiring issue. [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol A/C and heat pump system. I replaced the thermostat with a Lux T9000LC The A/C works fine, but the heater does not. I have it wired as follows: G - Green Y - Yellow W - White RH - Pink B -

System calling for heat but no response from system [ 1 Answers ]

My thermostat is set to 25 which is higher than the current temperature but my heating system is not firing up.. we have hot water - the boiler is a Micron - the heating timer is set to "on" on the program setting, and so is hot water which is fine but we have no heating, it was on earlier and went...

View more questions Search