Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BOB1347 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2012, 08:09 PM
    Dr. Bill hair test
    Dr. BIll, have a hair test within the next week, on the day of the hair test it will be 81 days since I smoked, just 3 hits within the 90 day period. Very infrequent smoker, maybe 6 times my entire life. What do you think the out come will be?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2012, 10:50 PM
    Bob,

Prognostication: negative.

Detection of marijuana use via hair testing is very unlikely until consumption reaches high levels.

May 10, 2012, 11:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    Bob,

Prognostication: negative.

Detection of marijuana use via hair testing is very unlikely until consumption reaches high levels.
    My hair is also very short, so I'm hoping that will work to my advantage. Is there a treatment to help get the toxins out or are those all just B.S?
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2012, 11:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB1347 View Post
    My hair is also very short, so im hoping that will work to my advantage. Is there a treatment to help get the toxins out or are those all just B.S?
    Don't know anything about the commercial treatments.

May 10, 2012, 12:47 PM
    OK, What would you consider an infrequent smoker?
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2012, 12:58 PM
    Once weekly. Most of the research goes up to twice weekly.

It's important to note however that all marijuana research in the US uses cannabis with either 1.5 or 3.5 THC content. The real market versions are generally higher content so it difficult to make a numeric comparison.

May 10, 2012, 01:04 PM
    Once weekly. Most of the research goes up to twice weekly.

It's important to note however that all marijuana research in the US uses cannabis with either 1.5 or 3.5 THC content. The real market versions are generally higher content so it difficult to make a numeric comparision.
    OK thank you. Have my test sometime next week, I know that there are test that go back more than 90 days, but I'm pretty sure mine is just the standard 90 days. Even if I smoked in Mid- January, that session most likely won't have an effect because it was outside of the 90 days or no?
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2012, 01:12 PM
    90 days is just a guess based on hair growth rate. They use about 1-1/2 in of hair. It will vary based on how close to the scalp it is cut and your actual hair growth rate. Time line is always imprecise.

May 10, 2012, 01:15 PM
    90 days is just a guess based on hair growth rate. They use about 1-1/2 in of hair. It will vary based on how close to the scalp it is cut and your actual hair growth rate. Time line is always imprecise.
    Ok so a mid January smoke most likely wouldn't have much of an effect on a test done in May?
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2012, 01:23 PM
    It has more to do with the amount than the time span. Low consumption simply doesn't incorporate into the hair. You have no build up of THC in your system. If there is no THC-COOH in the hair it doesn't make any difference how far back they go.

May 10, 2012, 02:21 PM
    It has more to do with the amount than the time span. Low consumption simply doesn't incorporate into the hair. You have no build up of THC in your system. If there is no THC-COOH in the hair it doesn't make any difference how far back they go.
    Ok, From you previous experience, to build up THC-COOH you would have to smoke more on the regular side rather than just someone who smokes maybe once every two months, if tthat?
    /

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dr. Bill I have an ETG Test [ 11 Answers ]

Dr Bill I am a male 25 165 and healthy. I had 7 and a half drinks on Sunday starting at 6pm finishing at 10pm. They were 6 and a halfs 12 ounce beers at 4.6% alcohol and a shot of whiskey. I have a ETG test on wed at 9am which is about 52 hours after BAC is at 0. will I pass the test?

Probation swab test. Please HELP Dr. Bill/Anyone [ 5 Answers ]

Had to take swab test for probation. An oral swab test. Did heroin about 13 days ago and smoked some codeine about 9 or 10 days before. Will I pass? Very worried and scared.

Dr Bill please answer, ETG Test [ 0 Answers ]

Dr Bill, I am 18 and I took 4 shots of 80 proof aristocrat within 30 minutes, with my last sip being before 11PM on Thursday night. I am 6'1 160,very active(go to the gym and lift at least 4 out of 7 days a week), I have a possible alcohol test on Monday at 3pm, I don't even know if its going to be...

Can anyone tell me which test is more accurate:a scalp hair test or a body hair test? [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me which test is more accurate: a scalp hair test or a body hair test. We have 2 test that were taken on the SAME day & 1 shows positive for methamphetamine and 1 shows negative. It should show negative! We are at a loss as to how a test that is so accurate has 2 different...

View more questions Search