Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cebaum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2012, 10:10 AM
    Homeowner's Assoc.
    Can I do anything to prevent my homeowners assoc from building a basketball court next to my house in a common park aera? I do not want the noise from it disturbing us as well as having the view on that side of the house ruined.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 9, 2012, 10:15 AM
    Have either you or your attorney review all of the rules and by laws of the association. Also review all of the building codes and codes from the city for basketball courts to see if there are any rules against it.

Also find out the laws for noise ordiance and be sure to call to keep it enforced if they do build it.

I will ask also, do you go to all of the Association meetings, have you ever ran for any office of the association, the best way to stop or get things done is to be involved in a group

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

One section of deed restriction expired and still in assoc. How do you enforce rules [ 1 Answers ]

One section of a deed restricted communty expired but still in assoc. How do you enforce rules?

I feel discrimination from my building assoc. [ 15 Answers ]

I own a unit in a condominuim for 5 years. I have a boyfriend that have a motorcycle, he is not alow to go in the parking lot , (the security guard did not open the gate) to pick me up in the front of the building. But few motorcycles are parked in the parking lot ( I have the pictures that prove...

Satisfaction of Lien from Condo Assoc Dues - NJ [ 9 Answers ]

Here is a brief synopsis: In March of 2008 my girlfriend was three quarters behind in her condo association dues (July 07, Oct 07, and Jan 08). She received a notice of lien on her property for a total of $3600 - the three quarters past due, three quarters in advance payments for 2008 they...

Can a Condo Assoc. Charge an assessment on top of another? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a condo owner and my Condo Assoc. got a loan 2 years ago to repair the ceiling, paint the building, fix the pool, elevators, etc. The majority of the owners are still paying that assessment which will be for 5 years. The property management company that we had 2 yrs ago stole the money and...

Homeowner's Responsibility? [ 2 Answers ]

Is the homeowner responsible for the tree growing on the patch of grass near the sidewalk opposite to his/her house, just as he/she is responsible for cutting the grass on that patch? Any legal consequences?

View more questions Search