Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 24, 2007, 08:30 AM
    More details please
    revanjordan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 08:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by revanjordan
    dell laptop keyboard locked
    1. Force the System to Shut Down and Reboot

A manual shutdown will allow you to unlock and reboot the system. Pressing the power button may not work unless it's as instructed below. As a last attempt you can try pressing the <Ctrl> + <Alt> + <Delete> keys at the same time to see if the Task Manager appears. You can also try waiting several minutes to see if the system resumes. If this has been attempted but the system is still locked with nothing responding, perform the following steps:

NOTICE: Any data that was not saved before the system locked up will be lost.

Press and hold the power button for 8 to 10 seconds or until the system fully powers off.
    Press the power button as normal to turn the computer back on.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 24, 2007, 08:37 AM
    What does that mean? If you want help you have to provide us with info.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Feb 26, 2007, 07:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by revanjordan
    1. Force the System to Shut Down and Reboot

A manual shutdown will allow you to unlock and reboot the system. Pressing the power button may not work unless it's as instructed below. As a last attempt you can try pressing the <Ctrl> + <Alt> + <Delete> keys at the same time to see if the Task Manager appears. You can also try waiting several minutes to see if the system resumes. If this has been attempted but the system is still locked with nothing responding, perform the following steps:

NOTICE: Any data that was not saved before the system locked up will be lost.

Press and hold the power button for 8 to 10 seconds or until the system fully powers off.
    Press the power button as normal to turn the computer back on.
    Sounds like instructions from Dell for solving your problem?

Unplug the ac adapter and take out the battery for a few seconds, to fully shutdown the laptop. Then try the above instructions again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Treaure locks [ 3 Answers ]

hello pretty lady, I value your opinion and your sincerity very much, would u to tell me if this product is good or just like copra and rio it is called natural laxer and they claim it is not a relaxer just to improve the texure of the hair. Thank u.

Trek2 laptop locks up [ 1 Answers ]

The laptop is an old 1998 Micron Trek2 Model NBK U370 with a Phoenix bios dated 6/11/98. My brother recently gave it to me and it seemed to work fine. But the noisy fan bothered me and so I replaced it. I know the new fan works, but the system locks up after 10 to 20 minutes. When this happens the...

Dread locks? [ 1 Answers ]

Does any body know what products our good for twisting african american hair into dread locks? I heard bees wax isn't good because it breaks the hair, so what should I use and how do I do it? Thank you kindly:D

Plumbing air locks [ 1 Answers ]

What can I do to remove an air lock from a recent repair in a domestic system

Power locks [ 3 Answers ]

My Honda Civic '91 doesn't have power locks, and I would like to install them. I know there were versions of Civic that did have power locks, so I know that is doable. I would just like to know what parts I will need. It's a 2 door car and if driver's door is unlocked, passenger's door should...

View more questions Search