Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chef80 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2012, 08:35 PM
    Medical leave
    I have been in my current work for 3 months,y doctor just schedule me a minor suregy and I will need to take 2 weeks off. Can I lose my job?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 8, 2012, 08:39 PM
    That is up to where you work, if you have a contract, what their leave policy is. And can even be how much you have had to take off during the last three months.

Many places will try hard to work with you, others may not. You need to discuss this with your HR so they know as early as possible

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medical leave, how do you know if you can do it anymore? [ 3 Answers ]

HI, I'm on a 6 week medical leave. I will be out of money within the 6 weeks. Last year I filed a grievance against my boss through NEA: threatening me, inappropriate and possibly illegal stuff, I was her "target" all year. Sought counseling, MD also told me to find other work. Didn't...

Fired on medical leave [ 5 Answers ]

I had a job working for ferguson enterprises inc. working in there warehouse gathering product. I got injured pretty good on the job. I got a hold of l&I and opened up a claim. That all went well. At first I was at work doing light work for them. During the month that I was on light duty I noticed...

Can I be fired if I am on medical leave after they have given me a laid off date? [ 3 Answers ]

My friend received papers laying her off after 10 years of employment with a good work history. Her termiation date is in 3 months & have offered her a severance. She had put off having a hysterctomy (with 6 weeks of recovery) because of her immediate boss having cancer & had to cover for her. ...

Got fired while on medical leave [ 7 Answers ]

Hello I'm needing to know what I can due about a company that fired me while I was on medical leave.had miscarriage she told me to bring the doctors statement in on Friday so I could show why I was on medical leave so I did so.but before I got there got a phone call I was fired need to bring in my...

View more questions Search