Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babymeadow Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 07:22 AM
    My dog is keep waking me up could I be pregnant
    Hi,
    I have question my dog Baby has always slept threw the night. The past few nights she has woken me up. Licking my face and wanting to be in the middle of my husband and I. She never has done this she always sleeps threw the night. We thought maybe she just had to go to the bathroom the first night but then it happened again last night. She was on my side of the bed with her face at mine, giving kisses. People say that dogs have crazy senses. Any sugguestions on what's going on with her?? Im also trying to have a baby could she sense this? I no that this is probably stuiped but just wondering if anyone knows! Thank you very much for the help Lisa
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2007, 07:55 AM
    I don't know that it has been scientifically proven that dogs can tell their owners are pregnant. There are too many instants of a dog's behavior changing when the owner became pregnant to deny it. I recently found myself wondering about a lady in our dog guide puppy raising group. She is a gynecologist and takes her puppies to her office. I wonder how they react to her patients? I can't say how dogs recognize a pregnancy or how soon. Another friend keeps breeding stock for the dog guide school. She had a male Golden Retriever that would greet her females differently when they returned a couple of weeks after being bred if they took.

If you are pregnant, you need your sleep. I hope she becomes used to the idea and decides you can make it through the night without her checking you. If she keeps it up, I will try to help you find a solution.

Dogs and babies work well together if the owners are firmly established as leaders. Dogs see all the people and dogs in the household as a pack with each having their own rank in the pack and a top dog. Life is much easier if the 2 legged pack members outrank the 4 legged ones. You can learn to play the role of top dog by reading some books or going to a good obedience class. A good obedience class or book is about you being top dog, not about rewarding standard commands with a treat. Start at Raising Your Dog with the Monks of New Skete For more on being top dog, see http://www.dogbreedinfo.com./topdogrules.htm They have an additional page on dogs and children. You have plenty of time if you need it to correct any problems. Done right, the dog will welcome the new pack member and become its protector.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 6, 2007, 06:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by babymeadow
    Hi,
    I have question my dog Baby has always slept threw the night. The past few nights she has woken me up. Licking my face and wanting to be in the middle of my husband and i. She never has done this she always sleeps threw the night. We thought maybe she just had to go to the bathroom the first night but then it happened again last night. She was on my side of the bed with her face at mine, giving kisses. People say that dogs have crazy sences. Any sugguestions on whats going on with her??? Im also trying to have a baby could she sence this? i no that this is probly stuiped but just wondering if anyone knows!! Thank you very much for the help Lisa
    You are lucky it was only licking ? Sharp puppy teeth are no fun; mine used to nip my neck and chin, until I relegated her to the bathroom!
    ashley mclaughlin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2007, 11:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by babymeadow
    Hi,
    I have question my dog Baby has always slept threw the night. The past few nights she has woken me up. Licking my face and wanting to be in the middle of my husband and i. She never has done this she always sleeps threw the night. We thought maybe she just had to go to the bathroom the first night but then it happened again last night. She was on my side of the bed with her face at mine, giving kisses. People say that dogs have crazy sences. Any sugguestions on whats going on with her??? Im also trying to have a baby could she sence this? i no that this is probly stuiped but just wondering if anyone knows!! Thank you very much for the help Lisa
    Hey yes it could definitely be that you are pregnant, a couple weeks before i found out i was pregnant my dog did the same thing to me the funny thing is she was never really that cuddly towards me as she was towards my husband and all of a sudden she was sleeping with me, kissing me, and just following me around. I took her to the vet because i though mabey she was sick and trying to tell me something but the vet said she was fine. About a week later i was throwing up and i went to the doctor because i thought i had the flu but she did blood work and turns out i was pregnant and after i had the baby she went right back to her old ways and right back to being my husbands shadow not mine, so go get checked out you could most definitely be pregnant... so good luck and congrats if you are!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dogs keeps waking us up? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have question my dog Baby has always slept threw the night. The past few nights she has woken me up. Licking my face and wanting to be in the middle of my husband and I. She never has done this she always sleeps threw the night. We thought maybe she just had to go to the bathroom the first...

Waking up at 5 a.m. [ 4 Answers ]

Any suggestions for getting a 15 week old Bichon to sleep later than 5:00? He is taken out to pee right before 9pm. Just sleeping until 6 would be a great relief. He does not poop when he goes out at 5 and I won't feed him until 6:15 a.m. He sleeps in a dark room, door closed, partially covered...

Could I be pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on July 6 of this year. Two days later I got my period. Since then I have been having pregnancy symptoms like nausea, gaining weight, frequent urination, stretchmarks, fuller breasts, and dizziness. This past week I took two pregnancy tests and both came out...

Name some stupid things that you have done after waking up in the morning [ 17 Answers ]

Name some stupid things you done after waking up in the morning. 1. Fixing My morning Coffee.After pouring the water into the machine and forgetting to put the pot back and turning it on. 2. Putting aluminum foil in the microwave by accident. 3. Open a phone bill and raising hell about...

Pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

See I hv done sex unprocted sex with a guy in September mid around 16 or 17 that was my 4 th day of period but we don't hv intercouse will I be pregnant but I had my periods next month that in October will I become pregnant please help

View more questions Search