Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shaaka786 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2012, 02:48 PM
    3 year rule on a PERM GC with marriage to a citizen
    I'm on a green card through PERM (EB2) - just received it a month ago. About to get married to a US citizen. How can I take advantage of the 3 year rule (to apply for citizenship when married) on a PERM GC? Do I have to transfer my GC to a marriage GC or 3 year rule can be applied regardless of where the GC came from as long as I continue to be married for 3 years?

Thanks.

Check out some similar questions!

Does divorce mean expilsion if I am just a perm resident and not a citizen? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a UK citizen, married to an abusive American husband (which didn't start until I moved here.) My 14 yr old daughter is also a UK citizen, but, along with me, is also a legal US permanent resident. My husband is her step-father. The house we live in here in the US was paid for by me & my...

Marriage law between a Turkish citizen and Greek citizen [ 0 Answers ]

To whom it may concern ı would like to find out if a Turkish citizen gets married in Greece with a Greek citizen does the Turkish citizen has to wait and remain in Greece until her residant permit arrives? Doesn't she aloud to travel abroad before the resident permit document arrives? How...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.