Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    i64 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

May 8, 2012, 07:20 AM
    Tub side splash guards.
    Anyone know of a good splash guard that can go on the side of the tub so that water doesn't get onto the floor? Many results show up on Google, and I had tried a small adhesive one a long time ago bought from home depot. However, this one didn't last and fell off. Any other good ones out there?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 8, 2012, 07:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by i64 View Post
    Anyone know of a good splash guard that can go on the side of the tub so that water doesn't get onto the floor? Many results show up on google, and I had tried a small adhesive one a long time ago bought from home depot. However, this one didn't last and fell off. Any other good ones out there?
    The best "splash deflector I know of would be to install a door on the tub. Check it out at, http://www.faucetdirect.com/kohler-k...-5-8-w/p173883
    Good luck, Tom

May 8, 2012, 08:03 AM
    Thanks, but I was looking for something a lot cheaper than that.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 8, 2012, 08:08 AM
    Is this a tub/shower or just a tub? Tidee Tubb Ultra Clear Shield - Bed Bath & Beyond

May 8, 2012, 09:33 AM
    Sorry, it's a tub/shower.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 8, 2012, 12:08 PM
    HD and Lowe's carry corner shields. Check them out.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 8, 2012, 02:34 PM
    OK then you need a shower curtain or a door. Curtains also need a rod but are still cheaper than many doors. Gerber Daisy PEVA Floral Shower Curtain - Walmart.com Lowest priced one are likely at Walmart
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

May 8, 2012, 05:18 PM
    Hi i64

Check out these splash guards:

Amazon.com: Spraymaid Bathtub Splash Guards - in White: Home Improvement

You install them using the self-adhesive tape and then caulk them in at the edges to secure firmly (let dry overnight).

Let me know if these help, OK?

Mark
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mother guards me too well. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm currently in high school and because my mother's really desperate for me to get good grades she won't let me go anywhere or hang out with my friends <<partly because she doesn't like the people I hang out with>>- all she wants me to do is study. Whenever I bring up this problem she gets mad and...

Washing machine is leaking water from under the tub on right side only [ 1 Answers ]

Washing machine is leaking from under the tub on the right side only.

Water leaking over side of tub when showering [ 2 Answers ]

I recently removed sliding doors on our shower and put up a shower curtain but now water drips over the side of the tub at either end near the walls when the shower is used. The water runs along the edges of the tub and drips of the edge. Plastic "splash guards" have been useless. Any simple...

Low Pressure on Hot Water Side in two sided tub faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I am in escrow on a home, extremely well-maintained, 17-yr old home. The master has a jucuzzi style tub. The faucet has two knobs, one for hot, one for cold. The cold comes out fine. When the inspector turned on the hot water, the faucet leaked and the hot water pressure was low. He...

View more questions Search