Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joannaussner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2012, 06:24 AM
    Icbc unpaid debt
    I was hit by a drunk driver in 2004 and having no witnesses I was wrongly accused of causing the accident and fined 1000 dollars which I refused to pay as I was wrongly accused. Now the debt has risen with interest to a huge amount. Does the statute of limitations apply to this debt after 8 years?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 8, 2012, 06:34 AM
    Limitations does NOT normally apply to fines.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 8, 2012, 07:22 AM
    Agree, this debt will just continue to grow, and can not be discharged in bankruptcy and has no SOL.

Also depending on where you live, they may also latter suspend or revoke your drivers license if you fail to pay, or even hold you in contempt of court and put you in jail.
    freegirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2012, 08:20 AM
    I have ICBC debt with interest of over 8 years and no longer drive or have a valid drivers license as it has expired.
    Does this debt plateau or will it just keep growing bigger?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statute of limitations on ICBC debt / DUI. [ 5 Answers ]

I was charged, pled guilty and was convicted with a DUI in British Coulmbia, Canada in the summer of 1999. I paid my federal fine, but was also charged a penlaty fee of about $1000 by ICBC. I had to pay $100 of this fine at that time to get a temporary license issued. Since, I have moved to...

Debt unpaid [ 0 Answers ]

Hi.. I'm from Canada.. I just want to ask if the government could deny me my passport (I need a renewal) due to unpaid debts in the past (I haven't been able to pay them up to now). I don't even know if I already have a judgement to appear in court.. HELP !

Debt owed to union for ICBC claim? [ 1 Answers ]

I borrowed money from my union's healthcare plan when I had a car accident. The plan does not replace lost wages for injury due to car accident. I signed a 3rd party agreement to pay back the loan after I received my settlement from ICBC. My settlement was over 5 years ago... my union has just...

Unpaid debt [ 1 Answers ]

I just got summoned by First Resolution Management Corp. for an upaid debt. I have moved since the credit card company has I guess contacted them. I haven't been receiving my mail because it was at my parents house. I called and set up a payment plan with them to get a certain amount taken out of...

View more questions Search