Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScoobyD Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 04:42 AM
    Need frontline and training tips web sites?
    www. Give me a hand
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2007, 06:21 AM
    You may be able to find Frontline at Dog & Pet Supplies - Vet Vax, Inc Pet Supply Store for dogs, cats, horses.. My main reference for medical information is the American Veterinarian Medical Association site at American Veterinary Medical Association For questions how much to feed and weight, I often send people to Page Not Found | Purina.com

When it comes to training, one of the best places to start is https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...man-53153.html For issues of leadership try Establishing and Keeping Alpha Position I think they have some other good information too. There is a wealth of material on many subjects at American Kennel Club - akc.org.

You need to be very careful about websites about dogs. Much of the advice you find varies from useless to weak, to outright dangerous. I have seen links here to advice that could injure a dog. There are tested, proven, modern methods, but the best of the 50's is alive and well. Add modern junk science, and you need to be very careful of any website. Most of the websites are paid for by somebody selling something. Even if it seems to be some non profit, it could be funded by anybody. If somebody here suggests a website, you need to look at both how much they know about dogs and the web site itself. There are more people that know how to find information on the net than are capable of evaluating it.

You might be better off with a good book. Of course books are only slightly less likely to be filled with nonsense than websites. I do have a list of books prepared by the trained, experienced professionals at a dog guide school. It is in the sticky too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Minimized web sites disappear [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am new and not sure I have the correct area... I did see another question similar to mine but I couldn't find the continuation of the answer. When I minimize a web page to the task bar, then go back to Internet Explorer to click on another web site, my first site disappears from the task...

Archiving dynamic web sites [ 1 Answers ]

I look for an application that can, copy archive and export, dynamic web sites for later offline browsing. I need a better solution.

Active web sites [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a web site where I can listen to poem being read?

Using Traffic Exchange web sites [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to start using Traffic Exchange web sites to promote my Internet marketing business. When I put "Internet marketing traffic exchanges" into Google, I found Over 4,000,000 pages! Can anyone help me to choose the best ones, or suggest sites that have worked well for you in the...

Helping my child to learn with web sites. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello to all. Ihave a 3 year old son... he was going to be ale to attend a head start facility this year but because we had to move he is now not able to. Because the town we moved to does not offer that program. Iam trying to find some web sites that will be able to help him learn basic stuff...

View more questions Search