Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarahbryant Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2012, 06:03 PM
    probability question
    a dice has twenty sides each side contains a number from 1-20. Five sides that are blue,red,five that are green and five that are yellow. What is the probability of rolling an even number?
    Chic_Bowdrie Posts: 54, Reputation: 8

May 7, 2012, 08:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahbryant View Post
    a dice has twenty sides each side contains a number from 1-20. five sides that are blue,red,five that are green and five that are yellow. what is the probability of rolling an even number?
    Assuming, you are serious about this and you meant one die having 20 sides, the odds of an even are 50:50 because there are only two choices odd or even. There are an equal number of odd and even numbers from 1 to 20. And the color of the faces has nothing to do with these odds and must have been included in the problem to try to throw students a curve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ask a probability question? [ 3 Answers ]

If a bag has 8 balls in it 4 white and 4 black what are the odds against picking four black balls one after the other

ask a probability question? [ 0 Answers ]

A recent study showed that the modern working person experiences an average of 2.1 hours per day of distractions. A random sample of 50 workers found workers were distracted an average of 1.8 hours per day and the population standard deviation was 20 minutes. Estimate the true mean population...

Ask question in probability? [ 1 Answers ]

Question 5 Of 20,000 small businesses surveyed, about 62% said they employed women in some capacity. Of the businesses that employed women, 19.5% employed no female supervisors, 50% employed only one female supervisor, and the remainder employed more than one female supervisor. a) How many of...

Can someone help me in probability question ? [ 2 Answers ]

hello.. I have an exam and a homework I couldn't solve all of it.. I know it's a lot of work.. but I couldn't solve 5 question 1)http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/7222/… 2) If the probability that each component will operate is shown, what is the probability that a current will run through...

Probability Question [ 3 Answers ]

I'm taking a statistics course and think I'm way over my head... unfortunately, it's a pre-req and I'm stuck. Can anyone help me understand the basics? Here is a sample question and I simply don't know where to begin: Coach John has two teams who won 347 games and tied 6 of the 526 total...

View more questions Search