Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acjordan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2012, 10:43 AM
    Help with antique table water stain
    Hello, I inherited a beautiful antique table about 60-70 years old from my grandmother. Just after I got it, a cat tipped over a vase of flowers (with powdered plant food in the water) and water damaged 2 small areas of the finish. The damaged area appears slightly white, not at all dark. I don't believe the damage is deep, since the water was discovered and wiped off within hour(s) of the spill. To preserve the look of the table, I don't want to sand and refinish the entire top.

Do you think there is moisture still needing to be removed?

Could I send a photo of the damage, for your recommendation? Online articles mention anything from irons, to toothpaste, mayonnaise and ashes, steel wool and other odd sounding solutions! It's very important to me to keep the "look" of the finish. The entire table has the same color/finish, I don't know what type of wood it is (perhaps oak, the table was very expensive). Thank you!

Check out some similar questions!

White marble dining table has a mat stain on it [ 1 Answers ]

My table is now showing a small white square on the table for a mat how can I get rid of it

Table stain [ 2 Answers ]

I have an Oak table that I stripped to restain. After I took off the old stain there was a spot that had been filled in with glue and sewdust from the manufacturer. Now I am trying to resaitn it again, realizing the glue will not take the stain properly. My question is "how do I stain over this so...

Is my dining table antique? [ 5 Answers ]

I have an old dining table that has this etched on its underside: VIIII. I would like to know if it is antique or not. Thanks in advance for your help.

Is this table antique? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me on if my table is antique? I have a picture of it but I don't know who I can show to ask if its worth anything.and I'm only 21 so I don't know anything about furniture and what it could be worth. I bought it at a yard sale last month and the guy said ''are...

I have an antique table how much is it worth [ 2 Answers ]

Hey there I have a older table it says on the back its from bridges an novelties from lowell Massachusetts it says patent is a walnut # 9 hunt I really want to know how much its worth it is in fair condition some screws replaced may not be original but just a ball park idea what it is worth if you ...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.