Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gorgeusgall Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 01:27 AM
    Brown discharge but cant be pregnant
    My daughter is nearly 13 she is on her period but at the same time gets a browny discharge she started her period a month ago and is surely not pregnant please help!:confused:
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2007, 01:38 AM
    I wouldn't worry too much for the next few months if not the next year until her cycle gets properly sorted she will more than likely have months wheres there's next to nothing, I certainly remember having weird periods at that age where some months it would be full on and others just a few days of brown light dishcharge.
    And heck if I'm truethfull it still happens now when I have stressfull months hugs to you xx
    BaltimoreBearSkinner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2007, 11:24 AM
    Throughout my cycle, even from early early on, I experienced brown discharges. Very seldom was my period ever really red. I would also experience major clotting and a bad smell. My doctor at the time said that it was fairly normal and I was overreacting. My cycles would also last almost a complete week and the pain was so extreme I'd often miss a day or two of school, be lethargic most of the time after coming home and require much sleep.

I started using the patch (birth control) when I was older, and the hormones apparently made my cycles more regular and more maneagable. The pain was much less, the period only lasted 2 or 3 days and the bleeding was less clotted.

I'm now 25 and pregnant for the 2nd time. The first time was last summer and a week after finding out, I miscarried. The doctor thought that based on my previous cycle woes my body was not sending out the hormones at the correct times or in the correct amounts. However, because I responded well to the birth control hormones, he thought my body knew what to do and the miscarriage might have jump started my hormone making skills...

It did. I am pregnant for the second time and almost 11 weeks along. Only God knows if this pregnancy will be successful but it is good that the problems I had for so long do not seem to have made it impossible to have children, just challenging.

I don't know if that helps... if your child is in a great amount of pain, Aleve was ALL that worked for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late period, brown discharge.. Could I be pregnant? [ 8 Answers ]

I am 19 years old and I lost my virginity on December 10th. I had sex again on the 15th, and we used a condom on both occasions. Then on January 1st we fooled around without a condom, but he only penetrated once or twice, and didn't ejaculate inside me. I was due for my period on January 2nd....

Brown discharge before my period. Could I be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 17 and I had sex about almost 3 weeks ago. Before we had sex we fooled around and he touched me down there without a condom(he didn't go in) but then he put a condom on and we had sex, later we got scared and got plan B, so I too that like 48 hours later.(incase this helps I'm not on any...

Brown Discharge [ 1 Answers ]

Right, I'm fourteen years old and have never been on the pill. I've never had any problems before but now something is bothering me and I'm scared it's something serious but didn't want to tell anyone because I was embarrassed. Over a week ago I ended my normal period but after I started to have a...

Brown discharge? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for over a year now, we have sex regularly (about 5 times per week) the other night while we were having sex I started to bleed, this has never happened to me before, since that night I have been spotting brown discharge. I called my Dr and he didn't...

Brown Discharge? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been having brown discharge or spotting for a few weeks now. I have taken a pregnancy test twice and both times negative. I am on the pill as well. What could it be?

View more questions Search