Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mosminwoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 01:15 AM
    Puppies has flea
    My new born puppies (1 week old) already has a few fleas on them. They caught if from the mom when she was running outside. What should I can do? I don't think its good to bathe them yet. Should I use flea ponder? What do you recommend. I am very scared, I don't know what to do... I need help.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2007, 06:43 AM
    The safest thing to do is check with a vet. Many of the remedies for adults aren't meant for puppies. I usually get my puppies in the fall after the flea season, and by spring, I only need to check their weight for the proper dose of Revolution.

You could sprays and powders at a pet supply and red the directions to select and apply a safe one. You will need to treat the mother making sure what you use is safe for nursing puppies.

I will point out that nobody should be breeding puppies without doing extensive research ahead of time. Failing to do so creates all sorts of misery. It starts before you get a dog in order to select one that might be worth considering as breeding stock. If you did the research you should have, and were giving the mother proper care, you should have avoided exposing the puppies to fleas. I am greatly upset that we slaughter 10,000,000 dogs a year for lack of homes. Much of the problem comes from people doing too little research before hand. Go to Petfinder.com: Adopt a pet and help an animal shelter rescue a puppy or kitten. and see how many dogs in your area need homes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Flea Infestation! [ 18 Answers ]

Hi Everyone OK my house is infested with fleas. It is nasty and gross. Help how do I get this under control. Oh yes opps forgot to tell you. We have five 8 week old kittens which we are about to give away soon. But they are infested with fleas. We also have 3 cats that are infested with...

Flea bombing [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering if someone could help me out! I live in a 6 unit apartment buiilding, and the lady upstairs wants to bomb her apartment for fleas as well as the hall ways! And the landlord said that fine she just keep our doors closed! Shouldn't everyone leave the building , I have a 2 year old and...

Flea Treatment For Cat [ 7 Answers ]

Does an indoor cat need to receive topical flea treatment if he spends a lot of time on a fully enclosed screened porch? The porch also has screening underneath the floor. He never goes outside of the porch. Thank you.

Frontline flea killer [ 1 Answers ]

Does frontline flea killer wash off my cat if I shampoo her about 3 days after I treated her with it? Do I need to reapply it now?

Frontline Plus flea killer [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone's pet had a reaction to Frontline Plus? Applied to my dog per the instructions 2 days ago and now a big patch of her hair has come off. Have an appt. w/my vet on tues. 11/16. Would appreciate input if you have used this and any reaction/symptoms your pet has had and what the remedy was.

View more questions Search