Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    screwed-dad-in-iraq Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 12:43 AM
    Step parent visitation for my daughter?
    Hello,
    I am trying to find out if my ex wife has to allow my current wife to see my daughter, my current wife and I have 2 children, and they miss their sister a lot. As it is right now, I am in iraq with the DoD and cannot find out anything. My ex wife holds my daughter from my family the entire time I am gone. This is including my mother and father. Does my wife have any right to enforce the visitation ordered by the courts in the divorce decree, or am I screwed?

Due to limited time on the internet, if there is any valuable information please email me @
    [email protected]

Thank you to anyone who can help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 24, 2007, 07:40 AM
    First I want to thank you for your servcie to our country and tell you how proud I am of you and the many men and women who do what you are doing.

Without a speical court order, to allow them to see their sisters, I do not believe they have to. Since it is you, not them that have visitation rights.
    I don't believe she has personal standing in the court, but the sisters may, and could sue though their guardian for rights to visit.
    ( it will take an attorney who may say I am wrong but I think there would be a chance that way)

Feb 24, 2007, 08:06 AM
    Sir, I do appreciate the kind things you say. But I am not doing anything special, I am a contractor with the DoD that takes care of the troops.

As for the ex issue, my boys could file for visitation time with my daughter through my wife, am I correct sir? I am going to send you a private message with my work email address. If you and I could converse off here I would be grateful.

Thank you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 24, 2007, 08:35 AM
    I doubt if your boys can file for visitation with their sister, but its worth a try. Have them talk to someone in Family Court about it.

On a separate note, I'm not speaking for Chuck, but as a general custom, this site, like most of the type, prefers that the Q&A be kept on the public boards. By keeping the correspondence public, you get the benefit of a wide area of experience and expertise. Plus you may help others with similar issues.

Feb 24, 2007, 06:47 PM
    That is fine sir,
    I am not trying to offend the administrators of this site, or anything else. It is just much easier when I have a solid email instead of having to come here everyday. But it is no problem, I will follow the rules and keep it here. Thank you for the reminder of the rules, and the info on the kids.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 24, 2007, 08:20 PM
    You can set your profile to send you an e-mail when posts are made to your thread. The e-mails will have a link directly to the thread.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Step parent adoption [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter got pregnant by someone she doesn't want to be with. During her pregnancy she married a man and he wants to be the father of the baby. The bio father has said to leave him alone. We were told that since she was married at the time of the birth that the babies last name will be the...

Being a step parent [ 4 Answers ]

I need Help and or advice on being in a relationship and living with a man that I love who has three children. I have known him for 10 years and have lived with and helped support his children for 3 years while he was finishing college. His ex (not divirced yet) has been running around on him for...

Step Parent Adoption In Ca [ 2 Answers ]

In the state of California, how does my husband go about adopting my daughter from a previous relationship. My daughter's father would give his consent.

Step parent [ 1 Answers ]

Does anybody know anything about step parents rights? Do we have any? Where do I look to find out more?

View more questions Search