Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScoobyD Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 11:59 PM
    Dog Bites my mom
    HI my name is Scooby "D" and as U can see I'm a very cute wiener dog I also have a sister Forest Gump we look alike but I don't bite unike my sis Forest . Anyhows I just wanted to say hello. R there... I had to leave my2 yr old forest at my sis house 4 about 7 months when i moved in with my sis every time our mother visits my dog bites her the other dog dosn't bite (scooby D) The dogs R now 5 & 3 Scoob is the older one. Forest was abused when I rescued her from a very bad situation Starved & Scared from her ordeal. but she never bit anyone until I was forced 2 leave her. I Left my sis 5 dogs when I returned 3 mo. later she got rid of all of my dogs except forest. I tract down Scooby and reclaimed her. I could not get the rest of them but made sure they were in good hands since I can no longer afford or accomodate them. My mother even took one of them in. She has also bit a few men that I realy didn't like. I do not encourage this behavior I am affraid that if she bites the wrong person they will take her away. Any thoughts on what to do?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2007, 06:50 AM
    The key to most behavior problems is approaching things using the dog's natural instincts. Dogs see all the people and dogs in the household as a pack with each having their own rank in the pack and a top dog. Life is much easier if the 2 legged pack members outrank the 4 legged ones. You can learn to play the role of top dog by reading some books or going to a good obedience class. A good obedience class or book is about you being top dog, not about rewarding standard commands with a treat. Start at Raising Your Dog with the Monks of New Skete For more on being top dog, see Establishing and Keeping Alpha Position

If she sees you as top dog, then she doesn't have to take care of problems by biting people. They are your problem. Being top dog makes corrections you give her more effective. As soon as you see the first sign of aggression, give her a sharp ''Ut, ut, ut!'' and distract her with a toy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mysterious bites? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all. I'm new here and am hoping someone can help me out. Basically, for about the past three months, about every three weeks or so I wake up with bites on my lower legs - although I have had them as high as my hip and lower back. They are so itchy, and are quite big and go really...

Mysterious bites [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I've seen a question similar to this one but I don't feel that the answer is the same. I have been waking up with mysterious bug bites all over. They are big and really red. They also itch obsesively. Ever seens I've gotten them I feel like I am getting more. I also feel really weak, and have...

Misquito bites from Peru [ 4 Answers ]

I recently travelled to Peru where my legs gotten eaten by misquitos. I've rarely gotten bites in the US and my skin reacted horribly to the Peru misquitos. I'm back now and they're healing, but I'm anxious to be active again. My question is, will they heal faster if I don't run or exercise? ...

Bites [ 1 Answers ]

What is a good remedy to stop the itching from bed bug bite?

History Bites [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone here seen "History Bites" (tv show)? If you haven't then try to look it up or see if they air it on the discovery/comedy networks in your area because it is one of those few educational gems out there. http://www.historybites.com/

View more questions Search