Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mukazi Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2012, 04:31 AM
    Can is it legal someone to buy a car as a gift for u and decide to take it back
    My ex boyfriend bought me a car as a gift through finance, The car is registered in my names, he said at the time that this the proof that it's mine since he still paying for it monthly I can't get the title, but now since we broke up he wants the car back, can he really do this. I'm Just confused please help.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 7, 2012, 04:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mukazi View Post
    Can he do that? I'm Just confused please help.
    Hello m:

Nope. A gift is a gift.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ex boyfriend bought me a car as a gift and now he wants to take it back. [ 2 Answers ]

Can an ex boyfriend take the car he bought as a gift for me cause we broke up. The car was bought on finance not sure what that really means,all I know it was bought and given to me as a gift and even registered in my names and insurance,taxs are all my responsibility. He insured himself on as a...

Is it legal to take back a car you are paying for even if it is not in your name? [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter received a new car as a gift,from her mother-in-law. The car is in mother-in-laws name, but she drives and pays it.. now the mother-in-law wants the car back to give to her daughter ,in exchange she is giving my daughter an old 98 honda that belong to her daughter ,my daughter has...

Is it legal in Texas to buy a travel trailer and decide to sell it without putting it [ 2 Answers ]

Is it legal to buy a travel trailer and decide to sell it without transferring it into my name, just sell it AND PUT NEW BUYER ON TITLE IN TEXAS

Can I force the private seller to buy his car back in CA? [ 2 Answers ]

About a week ago I bought a car from someone off internet and there wasn't any written warranty. The car had an out-of-state title, but he was willing to go to DMV with me to register the car under my name and all I thought was left is the inspection from the DMV. So when I went to do a smog test,...

Is it legal for a car dealership to take back my car without me knowing? [ 21 Answers ]

Is it legal or ilegal for the car dealership to take back my car that I thought was financed without any notice? Isn't the banks supposed to be the one to repo the car if that's the case? And is the car suppose to be in a tow yard and not at the dealership if it was in fact a repossession>

View more questions Search