Ask
    ahmad2641 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 10:58 PM
    Theft under 5000
    I was charged of theft under 5000 from 24 hor store
    I live in canada on
    I went to the store I fild the cart
    With so many in may head I just head to the door
    I honstly was not thinking with any thing but troubles and problems I have in my life
    As I was loading the car

Security came around and ask me about the bill for the goods
    I said its in the car but I did not pay for the goods when I walked away from the store

I don't know what to do
    I'm 38 years old and this is my first time something like this happened to me
    adam72 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 11:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmad2641
    i was charged of theft under 5000 from 24 hor store
    i live in canada on
    i went to the store i fild the cart
    with so many in may head i just head to the door
    i honstly was not thinking with any thing but troubles and problems i have in my life
    as i was loading the car

security came around and ask me about the bill for the goods
    i said its in the car but i did not pay for the goods when i walked away from the store

i dont know what to do
    im 38 years old and this is my first time somthing like this happend to me
    Get a lawyer that's all & u`ll be punished only with fines in case they find you guilty
    I did the same
    It happened to many people
    robynhgl Posts: 112, Reputation: 25

Feb 24, 2007, 12:04 AM
    You need a lawyer.

You probably also need some sort of counselling too. Sorry to point this out to you but your comment "this is my first time something like this happened to me" makes me wonder. Nothing happened TO you. You did something TO yourself. If you are having problems that are bad enough that you'd put yourself in that type of trouble, you need to get some help. I'm not trying to be mean, just looking at it from a different perspective.
    adam72 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 12:23 AM
    Why
    Is this was the first time for him
    That's mean he never been conficted for his 38 year by any crime
    & that's is mean he is not a criminal

I don`t believe any one will take the whole cart unless he is not him helf

Even the criminal won't do this

Feb 24, 2007, 12:45 AM
    Why what?

The guy needs a lawyer. The lawyer will probably get the charges and the sentence reduced, but he'll still have it on his record.

If you're asking why the counseling... why not? Taking a whole cart of stuff because you're troubled is not the same as walking out and forgetting to pay for a pack of gum because you were thinking about other stuff. If someone is troubled enough to push the whole cart out without stopping by the check-out--they are being self-destructive. And really--that still no excuse to steal.
    ahmad2641 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 07:12 PM
    Its my first offense
    Working with family
    I live in canada
    I got cought with a cart full of goods out side 24 hr store left the store
    With outpaying for the goods
    The police charge me for theft under 5000

Can I aproach the store offering to pay to the goods I took and ask to drop the charges

Feb 24, 2007, 08:17 PM
    I know it's your first offense. You'll probably get off pretty easy. But I wouldn't advise going back to the store, they probably don't want you back in there. Let your attorney handle it--they know how to do these things and they have a good idea of the court system in the area where they practice.

If you can't afford an attorney--they court will have you fill out papers and they will assign you a court appointed lawyer. Also good--these people deal with those courts on a daily basis and they usually do a good job.

But how are you doing now? You had problems that upset you enough that you would do something like that... are things in your life getting better for you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft Under 5000 [ 7 Answers ]

My son was arrested for stealing cigarettes from a store he worked in. The cops came into his apartment and searched his place with no search warrant and then arrested him. He is 18 years old and we live in Canada. What should I do? Hire a lawyer? Could he get jail for this? Yes, it was a moment...

Theft under 5000.. [ 7 Answers ]

Last year, I was charged with theft under 5000. And just as usual I went to court , but the thing is that this was my first offence. So they were very easy with me, I had to do some diversion program and you I did that. When back to court and I was free too go. Some people told me that when I...

Theft under 5000 [ 5 Answers ]

Wondering what is the most possible sentence for a guy25 who stole 3 batteries in superstore ?

Theft under 5000 [ 4 Answers ]

Today I had a friend arrested for theft under 5000 The situation is: She was in a large grocery store, she put all her grocery in a plastic bag and was looking at the flower section INSIDE the store when the security arrested her and then the police took her and detained her in a cell for the...

Theft under 5000 [ 5 Answers ]

Hello 7 years ago I stole something and got caught... I was charged with theft under 5000 and I had to pay back the money, do community service and see a probation officer. I can't remember if this was a conviction or not, and whether I need a pardon... I was told by someone that I don't need a...

View more questions Search