Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    holden20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2012, 06:17 PM
    Electrical question
    Trying to replace a ceiling fan/light but nothing is working. I didn't take note of how things were wired when I removed the old one. Coming out of the ceiling I have 1 black, 1 white, and 1 copper wire (ground). The fan/light has 1 white, 1 black, 1 blue, and one green wire. I attached the white to white, green to copper, and then attached the black and blue from the fan to the black wire from the ceiling but neither the lights or fan work.

I reattached the old fan/light the same way but nothing works on it as well. I have a voltage tester and it beeps when I test the black, white, and blue wires.

The light switch on the wall is a lutron and has a light dimmer and a 3 setting switch for the fan. This is in the box with another light switch that controls a separate light on the same circuit.

Any suggestions on what I can try?

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical question [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings. I have an outdoor hot tub. Like the water to be very very hot, most commercial models won't go above 104 degrees. The vendor I bought my tub from spliced a 300 ohm resistor into the thermostat heat sensor line which allows my tub to get up to 107-108. We just had to replace the...

Electrical Question [ 1 Answers ]

Ihave switch that turns on a plug for my TV. I want to run powere and add switch for A ceiling fan in the same room. I thought I would "jump" the black to the new switch and "twist" the white wires together to do that. What am I missing. [email protected]

Electrical Question, obviously... [ 1 Answers ]

I am hoping that someone can help. I had the brilliant idea of changing all of my outlets and light switches in my living room and have somehow created a mess. First, I replaced all the outlets and everything worked fine, then I started on the light switches. At the hallway entering the living...

Electrical Question [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I have an electrical question. I have 2 lights I'm adding to a circuit. The circuit already has 4 lights all that are controlled by a single switch. I've branched off one of these lights to give power to 2 additional lights with 14/2. The 2 lights are each controlled by a single pole switch. ...

Electrical Question [ 3 Answers ]

I have a craftsman lt2000 riding lawn mower.Used the mower to cut grass and turned it off.Blew mower off with blower and now it won't start.Motor will not even turn over.Any suggestions?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.