Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rb1615 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2012, 05:11 PM
    When toilet flushed I get loud girgling sound through shower drain
    When ever I flush my toilet in my bedroom there is a girgling noise heard through the shower drain,this started happening about 2 months ago.I tried drain cleaner in toilet and shower but didn't make any better at all,I think I have a plumbing vent problem.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 7, 2012, 05:49 AM
    I think I have a plumbing vent problem.
    And I'm sure you have one!
    The sound you hear is the toilet attempting to vent through the shower trap. The solution would be to snake the lavatory roof vent. Put out enough snake to reach the base and 16 feet more. Good luck. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loud vibration sound when toilet is flushed [ 4 Answers ]

There are 2 toliets in my building, one one the 1st floor, and the other directly above it on the second floor. When either toilet is flushed, a loud vibration sound is heard from the piping. Should I be concerned?

Toilet makes a loud gushing sound after being flushed. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, The house that I live in is brand new, only about 4 years old. Everything is new. Lately , I have noticed that the toilet in on the second floor makes loud "thud" noise and gushing water sound. You can hear it in the walls. But it does not do this all the time. Maybe once or twice a day....

Girgling in toilet and shower when toilet is flushed [ 1 Answers ]

I had a new septic tank and leach field installed in Jan of 08. In Jan 09 we begin to notice the shower drains girgling when we flushed the toilets and also noticed septic water coming up through the ground on the lower and last run of the leach field. I discovered that my underground gutter...

Loud whistling sound when toilet is flushed. [ 4 Answers ]

I have one toilet that for some reason, makes a loud whistling sound when I flush it. It starts to make this noise when the flapper drops down and the tank starts to fill up. This noise just started 3 days ago.

Toilet makes a loud BANG after being flushed [ 7 Answers ]

Hello - I think I have water hammer but I an unclear as to how to fix it! I live in a 16 year old house, and every time I flush one of the toilets upstairs it flushes fine but when finished filling, it makes a very loud bang! I don't want any problems with pipes, so I am wondering how to fix this? ...

View more questions Search