Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dbarad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2012, 12:20 PM
    GE side by side water leaking on right side. How to repair?
    My GE Profile refrigerator is about 14 years old. I noted that there is water pooling under the right front corner. I assume it has to do with water line or with condensation. I was hoping someone might have dealt with this before and could give some guidance on the reapir.

Thanks.

David
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2012, 08:49 AM
    The first thing you want to do is to clean under it. You want to unplug it and clean the coils with soap and a water hose sprayer. Then remove cover to freezer and see if the drain is stopped up. Run water through the drain in freezer and look at bottom of refrigerator section where you may also have a drain then check it, too. Make sure to replace rear cover before starting it back up or you can burn it up. Clean any air vents in rear cover.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Refrigerator water line Leaking - Maytag Performa side-by-side [ 4 Answers ]

Leaking where incoming water splits to two separate lines, one line to freezer and one line to dispenser. It is not the incoming connection that is leaking. There is some type of red and green (solenoid ?) connected to wires and this is where water is leaking from? Any help would be...

GE side by side refrigerator leaking at the right bottom, back near the water hose [ 1 Answers ]

My GE side by side refrig is leaking at the back bottom right side near the water hose pipe that connects to the inside of the refrig from the top side. It stops when the water valve is shut off. Can I know how I can fix this. Also the water dispenser is not working. Not sure if both the problems...

Water leaking at bottom of freezer door on Maytag side by side refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

We had water leaking from the bottom of our freezer and took the back panel off and melted the ice that had built up and opened the drain so the water freely ran out. We put the freezer back together and found that now the line going up the door to our water dispenser was leaking. Will this stop...

GE side by side frig, water dispenserin door leaking down tube [ 0 Answers ]

Ge profile frig, side by side, water dispenser in freezer door works, but when dispensing water, water dribbles down tube and leaks on floor, where tube comes out of bottom of freezer door. Does not dribble unless dispensing water. Any help appreciated.

Kenmore side-by-side has leaking brown water in plastic tube in back of refrigerator [ 0 Answers ]

In my Kenmore side by side there are two plastic tubes in the back of the refrigerator which I think have been clear until recently. Today I noticed brown liquid in my vegetable tray and when I removed it I saw that one of the tubes was filled with brown liquid. I cannot find anything about the...

View more questions Search