Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrbilltrainman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2012, 12:12 PM
    Is this a legitimate Amazon site?
    [email protected] <[email protected]>; Is this a legitimate Amazon site? I got Email from them cancelling an order NOT MINE! Why my address?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 6, 2012, 12:24 PM
    Its hard to tell. We don't know if that a spoofed e-mail or what. Are they asking for any info or just informing you?

Do NOT respond to that e-mail, but you can go to Amazon.com and use the contact link to contact them to find out.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 6, 2012, 01:11 PM
    Scam going on, If you click on anything, they will want your information, and more. I have seen several of these ( and don't even have an account with them)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 6, 2012, 01:38 PM
    I got one the other day too and reported it to Amazon. This is called phishing. In the email message was the name of a book that I had never ordered. My computer security system wouldn't allow me to open the link they had provided.
    turpan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2012, 02:32 PM
    I have been getting these every day. I followed the directions given by Amazon and tried many hours to contact Amazon to no avail. Would a police report help? If you look at Amazon they list 2 numbers for investor relations. I might try tbere or gather addresses and phone numbers at Amazon for all interested. We are open to suggestions. Amazon is doing well enough to give better customer service. Be creative. Lets off to fishing at Amazon. Amazon invester relations, Sean Boyle 206-266-2171, Mary Osako 206-266-7180
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 6, 2012, 02:51 PM
    For an Amazon phone number, I Googled "Amazon Customer Service phone number" (without quote marks), was asked to sign in, did so, got a place to enter my phone number next to a "Call me now" or "Call me in 5 minutes" button to click (and they will) and there's also this -- "or you can reach us at 1-866-216-1072 to use our automated customer service system."

There is also a way to report phishing via email or in live chat.
    akovace Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2012, 05:56 AM
    I emailed my complaint about the e-mails I have received, from what I thought was their company, and they got back to me within 24 hours. They responded with an e-mail stating that the e-mails are not from them and instructions on what to do like change account password and run a virus scan if the link was opened.

Thank

Allison

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Amazon movie [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a movie that is about amazons I can't really think of any parts from that movie but I do remember that I liked it a lot. The main Amazon was a blonde woman. It is an old movie so does any one know an Amazon movie title that I could look up to see if it is the one I'm looking for.

VAt and Amazon [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I sell items through Amazon- currently I am paying the Vat on the total charged to the buyer- however I never see this total as Amazon take 15% as a commission- are they liable for the VAT on the proportion of the sale that they take - what figure do I use for Turnover- the total before the...

How to use Amazon.com [ 1 Answers ]

I got a gift card for visa and I want to shop online so I went to amazon.com I got the stuff I wanted and I put everything I needed to but it didn't come through as in I didn't receive what I had paid for so... I'm thinking I did something wrong =D and I wood appreciate if someone can tell me...

Amazon accounting [ 2 Answers ]

Which method does Amazon use to report net cash flows from operating activities? How can you tell?

Amazon.com & .co.uk [ 5 Answers ]

I live in the U.K and usually use Amazon.co.uk and was wondering if I can order things from the Amazon.com site which is American.

View more questions Search