Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sexzgal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2004, 01:11 AM
    No Cold Water To Washer--why? Help
    My 17 yr old son recently hooked up a used washer in our garage. We cannot figure out why there is only piping hot water coming out no matter what setting it is on. He did not heed my warning and not wash in hot and he shrunk 80% of his wardrobe to dwarf sized clothing? It also leaks a moderate sized puddle around the machine after using? As you might suspect... there is no handyman in our household, so all advice will be greatly greatly appreciated. Thanks a million and Happy Holiday's... Anna
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 8, 2004, 07:30 AM
    No Cold Water To Washer--why? Help
    Hey Sexy, (Love that handle!)
    If the cold water's connected and turned on then the problem is either in the electromagnetic inlet valve or the timer that let's you choose between between hot,(whites) or cool, (colored clothes). THe puddle under the washer could be a faulty gasket between tub and discharge pump. I sure hope you got a bargan on that washer because the guy that stuck you with it sure has a smile on his face. Good luck and thanks for rating my reply. Tom
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2004, 08:19 AM
    Check the connections to the fill valve, the thing the hoses connect to. There should be 3 wires, a ground and one each to activate the hot and cold water. Make sure they are all connected. If not, you may have a mess. I hate unrigging things. If you are lucky, the wiring diagram that came from the factory is still inside the washer. Check the wire colors to the fill valve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water coming from cold water tap [ 15 Answers ]

Hot water is coming from 2 cold water taps and one upstairs toilet, turns to cold after 15-20 seconds, it comes out very hot. Thought it might be Bleeding through faucets, so changed laundry tub and kitchen faucett. Still does it. The cold pipes seem to get hot from near the water tank. The dip...

Brand new water heater: Starts hot, then water gets cold after few seconds [ 9 Answers ]

We just moved into a brand new condo which has its own water heater. We went to take a shower this morning and the first few seconds of the shower were very hot, then it went cold after 10 seconds. We tried again after half an hour, same thing. There was enough hot water for my husband to shave but...

Hot water venting into cold water tank [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I posted my query here a while back but unfortunately it appears to have been left to fester :confused: (query was hot water from cold water tap). After a couple more visits by a plumber, his view is that the hot water tank is overheating, venting hot water into the cold water tank at the...

Very little cold water going into washer [ 4 Answers ]

We recently had to install a new pump for our well. Probably a lot of sediement in water initially when turned on again. Now the Maytag washer gets plenty of hot water but very little cold... just a trickle. Could something be plugged? Where? Suggestions?

Cold water pressure in shower and washer only [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, As the subject says, I have a huge loss of cold water pressure in my upstairs shower and my downstairs washing machine only. The upstairs and downstairs sinks are all fine (including the sink directly next to the shower in the upstairs bathroom). Taking the shower head off doesn't make a...

View more questions Search