Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jayne VN Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2012, 05:58 AM
    Pets & Animals (Dogs)
    I live at home alone. There are 2 dogs in the home. Both German Shepherds. Younger one 18 months old, the other one is 7 yrs old. Younger one is a castrated male, and older one spayed female. The younger one wants to jump up, lick and kiss everyone all the time. He likes to try and sit on people's laps. He is qjuite a big dog and very strong. He in attracting (enticing) the older dog to do the same now. The younger one has also got another side to him - he likes to show his teeth and growl at people when outside. When I call the Gardener's he jumps up at them. He appears to be very jealous of anyone coming near me. He is quite badly behaved, but still a lovely dog. When he was a puppy I went to Australia for 2 months and so he had no discipline for that period.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 6, 2012, 06:21 AM
    Training classes - who watched them when you were gone? This behavior will only get worse.

I have an assertive (not aggressive) puppy and we work on his behavior every single day - he's small now. He won't be amusing when he's 100 pounds, shoving people around.

I also have an extremely protective (of me) GSD - and she knows when to show her muscles and when not to show her muscles.

It's all in the training.
    smartblondy Posts: 20, Reputation: -1

May 6, 2012, 08:28 AM
    I agree
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 6, 2012, 08:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smartblondy View Post
    I agree

Again - this is not a chat board. Do you have some advice for this person?
    tootaloo699 Posts: 39, Reputation: -2

Jun 26, 2012, 10:00 PM
    One thing you can do to stop the jumping an this is for you to do, is to put your kness in the air when you see the dog starting to jump. The dogs chest will hit your knee an bounce him back down to the floor. Also give a very firm an loud command of stop, along with your open hand fingers extended with open palm to associate the gesture with your voice. After sometime with this you will only have to your hand gesture an he will stop. Rewarding this teaching with some of his favorite treats is good just not to many. Hope this helps, learned this from a cop who taught k-9 police dogs. Yes I did train my doberman with k-9 methods an they worked excellent. Be persistent an it should pay off. Good luck an God Bless

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pets & Animals (Dogs) [ 2 Answers ]

I need some help with my 10month old castrated male Pointer or Blue Heeler cross. He is very boisterous, witrh a mind of his own but the main problem I have is that he bullies my 12 year old Boerbull cross - not in an aggressive way but always manages to make the old guy retreat back into a safe...

Flower beds and animals - keep cats & dogs out [ 1 Answers ]

What to use in flower beds to keep dogs and cats out

Pets & animals > cats [ 3 Answers ]

I have a pregnant cat and she only had one kitten earlier this year and she is being very mean to her kitten, is this normal?

Pets & animals [ 1 Answers ]

Why is my is so much pain after being bred?

View more questions Search